Posted in Other 8 days ago.
*Job Purpose / Role:*
* The Enterprise Data Architect (EDA) will be responsible for developing and implementing an enterprise data strategy that aligns enterprise information assets with business capabilities and technology strategies.
* The EDA will participate in creation and evolution of the technology roadmap that defines the current and future-state data reference architectures.
* The EDA will focus on understanding technology trends around data management as well as data dependent emerging technology deliverables to shape how the company's data will be stored, consumed, integrated/shared and reported by different IT systems & end users while driving common approaches and processes across the enterprise.
* The EDA will work with solution architects, application developers, process owners, data stewards, data scientists, platform administrators, security engineers and business users to design and implement data best practices and standards.
* Develop and support implementation of the Enterprise Data Architecture Strategy and Reference Data Architecture
* Define technology roadmaps and delivery sequences for implementing the Enterprise Data Architecture Strategy and Reference Data Architecture
* Conduct Data Product/Platform reviews and evaluations
* Define & maintain Data Architecture/Governance Policies, Processes, Standards and Best practices
* Participate in technical innovation proof-of-concepts
* Participate in Architecture and data design reviews
* Create Conceptual data models and review Logical, Physical and Canonical data models working with Enterprise Data Services (Ontology, Semantic Reconciliation, etc.)
* Review and approve Master Data Management, Meta Data Management, Data Lifecycle Management, Data Quality Management policies and procedures
* Ensure Corporate and Regulatory compliance in regards to data and information
* Technical mentoring of enterprise data services capability
* Work with international parent company to align global strategy and standards with local agendas/initiatives
*Key Requirements and Skills:*
* 7 years or more of progressive experience in data modeling, integration and visualization, participation in solution architecture
* Knowledge of Financial Services/Insurance (Annuities, Life) core systems, processes, and industry models (ACORD, DTCC, etc.)
* Experience with Data Governance, Data Retention, Data Storage, and Data Service Integration
* Experience with enterprise data management solutions and platforms in the areas of MDM, Data Quality Management, Data Governance, Metadata Management, ETL, Data Warehouse and data lakes
* Exposure to Multi-Cloud and Cloud environments (especially Azure) - experience with developing Cloud Data Strategies, Best Practices and Standards
* Experience with modern data pipelines, data streaming, and using real time analytics tools
* Experience in Big data solutions and emerging technologies like Hadoop, Columnar, Spark, Python, NoSQL, Graph Databases, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
* Solid communicator - verbal, oral and presentation skills
* Able to present highly technical subject matter across a variety of stakeholder levels
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills