Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Supervises and coordinates activities of production and lab employees by performing the following duties. The Production Supervisor drives a culture of safety through leading by example, setting expectations and standards, and reinforcing positive behavior during the course of daily business. Insures compliance of all Company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness throughout the facility. Overseeing all incident reporting and root cause analysis.
• Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of equipment.
• Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety and environmental regulatory requirements.
• Interprets specifications and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, departments, or work crew.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Maintains time and production records.
• Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
• Directly supervises hourly employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, performance appraisals, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Assists EH& S in implementing the facility's EH & S program and managing the waste produced at the facility as described under "Qualifications".
• Other duties may be assigned.
EOE, including Disability/Vets