Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Safely operate and/or have the ability to operate various equipment including forklift, bobcat, excavator, front loader, backhoe, track hoe, bulldozer, compactor and/or steer equipment to bale, load and move waste material.
• Operate necessary equipment to bale and load waste material into trailers.
• Perform inspection and maintenance checks of equipment daily.
• Maintain daily record of number of bales produced for shipping.
• Grease/lubricate equipment, check and add fluids to equipment daily
• Operator will steer, guide and or drive the above listed equipment at the assigned site, if the equipment is used at the particular site(s) using steering wheel, shifters, levers, buttons and pedals.
• Operator will substitute for another operator if someone is absent from the work crew or as needed/required.
• Operator will clean trash from tracks of heavy equipment by pulling and or cutting material away from tracks and gear mechanisms at least once daily or more if needed.
• Operator will use a two-way radio to communicate with co-workers in the field and or office regarding work activities, requirements and priorities for the work day.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired, but not required.
• Completion of forklift certification.
• Ability to obtain Transfer Station / Landfill Operations Certification if needed.
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.