Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This position entails the effective procurement of commodities used in the manufacturing or sales of Doosan Bobcat products. Commodities may include raw materials (such as steel), finished components (such as hydraulic planners), or indirect. The position will maintain assigned accounts and partner with suppliers that will provide the quality, price and timely delivery required to meet Doosan Bobcat’s requirements.
Cost, Quality & Delivery Improvement:
• Commodity Leader must educate themselves with regards to commodities they are responsible for and maintain a good working knowledge of Doosan products.
• Commodity Leader works with all the facets of the Doosan organization to achieve various metrics.
• Must support the supply chain to ensure adequate flow of materials to the operations at the right, in the right amount.
• Alignment of strategic goals with the organization.
• Achieve annual productivity goals
• This individual will be responsible for strategic development of their assigned suppliers.
• Extensive travel is involved in the establishment of sound relationships and the verification of supplier capabilities.
• This individual must keep abreast of market conditions and changes within the supplier's organization that may affect our relationship.
New Product Development Support:
• Support the organization on all new product development programs and value analysis/value engineering programs.
• Ensure that appropriate product launch plans are in place during the New Product Development phases including aftermarket.
o Engineering-General - Bachelor’s Degree
o Business Administration - Bachelor’s Degree
• Must be able to communicate with everyone within an organization from persons on the shop floor to CEOs of major corporations
• Must practice good judgement which allows the individual to commit to the most appropriate action after considering alternate courses of action.
• Must have leadership skills which will allow the commodity manager to persuade others to also accept this action and help implement the action plan.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience: 2>5 years
• Travel Required: 25-50%
• Global Breadth: North America
• Simultaneously support the positive resolution of multiple issues on multiple projects without constant supervision.
• This role will be responsible for an annual spend percentage and/or total direct spend.
• Global Travel occasional.
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers - and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.