Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Finishing End Superintendent, Summerville, South Carolina
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we've infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we're growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Finishing End Superintendent for our sawmill in Summerville, SC. The successful candidate will be an
engaging safety leader who will manage a highly motivated team in a technical
and fast-paced manufacturing environment. This position will be responsible for
the safe and effective management of the planer mill, the dry kiln, and the
What You'll Do
* Maintain the highest standards for safety performance and lead with an impeccable personal example and a well communicated vision.
* Manage the planer mill, dry kiln, yard and shipping (safety, productivity, quality, costs and employee engagement).
* Manage environmental activities including storm water outfalls, dust system, and process water.
* Liaise with the sales department to ensure product alignment.
* Lead the continuous improvement process by engaging and developing employees.
* Partner with process control leadership to drive superior results in value creation.
* Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities.
* Manage departmental forecasts, budgets and spending.
* Provide leadership and support for capital projects.
What You Offer
* Thorough knowledge of lumber manufacturing including equipment and processes.
* Strong understanding of lumber products.
* Post-secondary education is preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in sawmill or planer mill operations at the supervisor and/or superintendent level.
* Strong leadership and organizational skills.
* Strong analytical abilities and working knowledge of sawmill processes.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
* Detail and results oriented.
* Ability to function under pressure.
* Strong business focus and the ability to think tactically and strategically.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.