Posted in Finance 13 days ago.
Job ID: 18836
Ametek Specialty Metal Products (SMP) manufactures and markets a wide range of products including; powder, precision tubing, and precision strip. With a strong focus on safety throughout, these growing businesses are proven experts in the manufacture high purity metal products for a wide range of critical applications. We deliver exceptional products and service to customers around the world, every day.
The Strip Business Unit within SMP includes manufacturing plants in Wallingford, CT and Lancaster, PA. While oversight of accounts payable functions will be for both locations, this role will be based at the Wallingford, CT facility.
The Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist will perform accounts payable functions and be responsible for the processing and verification necessary to ensure accurate payment of all legitimate invoices on a timely basis for the Strip Business Unit. The role reports to the Strip Controller.
• Verifies invoices for quantity, unit price, extension and discount.
• Routes misc. invoices to proper people for approval for payment.
• Checks accounting account numbers to invoices for proper distribution in financial statements when no purchase order is issued.
• Issues checks daily upon special request or in accordance with general schedule determined by Controller.
• Attaches original invoices to copy of check stub for permanent record and supporting documentation.
• Maintains the file of paid invoices.
• Communicates with suppliers regarding errors or questions on invoices.
• Verifies month-end totals of Account Distribution, Cash Disbursements and Open Items report and coordinates closing to general ledger.
• Prepares A/P accrual at month end.
• Checks all expense reports and enters into A/P system for payment.
• Handles petty cash.
• Assists with quarterly and year-end audits, along with other duties as assigned
• High school graduate
• Course work or experience in bookkeeping and basic accounting functions
• 2 years’ experience in A/P, in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Demonstrated experience with office applications such as Word and Excel
• Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
• Comfortable with repetitive tasks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.