Posted in Management 7 days ago.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people's lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people's lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents - and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
This position is responsible for coordinating and supporting all processes related to the maintenance and process operations of the plant's Utilities equipment (Combined Heat and Power, energy to and from site, boilers, air compressors, water treatment equipment, waste water treatment equipment, pollution control equipment, etc.). The Engineering Services Utilities Manager is directly responsible for leading the Utilities Supervisor and hourly technicians/operators. Total direct and indirect reports for this position exceeds 14+ at the Blacksburg Utilities Co-Op. This position is in Blacksburg SC and reports to Corporate Engineering.
- digital drive, PLC, and process control systems
- computer systems and networks
- electrical power distribution and systems
- create standard work audits, layered audits, and appropriate work oversight
-each plant departments
- outside contractors and vendors
- forecast BUC site gas estimates monthly with gas provider
- Foster a working environment that promotes open communications, teamwork, and individual engagement to accomplish goals and objectives
- Ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure safety rules are clearly understood and followed
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS - PREFERRED
The successful candidate will have strengths in the following:
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.