Einstein Healthcare Network is a private, not for profit organization with several major facilities and many outpatient centers. Our primary mission is to provide compassionate, high quality healthcare to the greater Philadelphia region. Einstein Healthcare Network promotes wellness. Research has shown that smoking is dangerous to the health of smokers and to others. Einstein campuses are Tobacco and Smoke Free.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Under the direction of the Einstein Healthcare Network Chief Legal Officer, handling complex legal matters or projects in a variety of areas for the Network's hospitals, ambulatory care facilities, teaching programs, physician practices and other clinical operations
- Such matters may include labor relations and employment matters, population health and health insurance contracting arrangements, real estate transactions, contract review and negotiation, general corporate matters, tax exemption, fraud and abuse, research, medical staff matters, privacy and security, as well as corporate, finance and business transactions
- The attorney selected will draft, review and participate in the negotiation of contracts and business arrangements, conduct legal research and provide counsel to senior members of management on legal, compliance and regulatory matters
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- Undergraduate degree, Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school, and admission to the Pennsylvania Bar required
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in-house in a healthcare provider setting or in a law firm providing services to a healthcare provider
- Must have excellent research and analytical skills, the ability to work independently and to address multiple issues in a fast-paced setting
- General knowledge of federal and PA healthcare laws and regulations required, including, without limitation, the federal Anti-Kickback Statute and Physician Self-Referral Law, licensure regulations, conditions of participation, TJC standards, CMS and OIG regulations and guidance, state corporations law, general contracts law and more
- The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas: labor relations, population health and health insurance arrangements, real estate or complex contract negotiations in areas such as Information Technology
- Physical Requirements: Ability to concentrate and sit at a desk for long periods of time; ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to walk around the camp
- Visual Requirements: Near Vision, Depth Perception, Color Vision, Extensive exposure to VDT's (Video Display Terminal)
- Hearing Requirements: Ability to hear normal conversation, Telephone communication
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.