This role will consist of a rotation within a number of accounting areas /functions. Some of the various responsibilities will be:
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- Journal entry input at month-end closing
- Performing account analysis on various balance sheet accounts
- Update to supporting schedules
- Processing vendor invoices within the ERP system (PRISM). Help facilitate resolutions to problems encountered within the processing environment such as: unmatched invoices, closed purchase orders, and vendor billing issues. File vendor invoices after processing them.
- Analyzing and reviewing vendor statements for quick resolution of open invoices and related billing /invoice processing issues.
- Supporting AP's efforts in migrating vendors to EDI (electronic data interchange) to eliminate paper vendor invoices.
- Supporting AP's efforts in migrating to document imaging to eliminate the current paper document retention process.
- Providing a high level of customer service to our vendors to help facilitate timely and accurate responses to their questions.
- Professionally interacting with all people involved with the supply chain process Internal departments such as Purchasing, Materials Management and ordering departments as well as external contacts such as vendors, auditors, and others as needed.
- Ability to learn the bank reconciliation process. Upon successful training of the process assist in performing bank reconciliations on a monthly basis for the Network cash accounts.
- Preparing the daily update of the Network's cash position.
- Analysis and allocation of monthly/quarterly investment management fees.
- Assisting in the compilation of monthly investment schedules for senior management.
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly investment accounting entries.
Physical Demand Analysis:
- Pursuit of, or near completion of a bachelor's degree required.
- Strong technical skills - experience with MicroSoft Office products and mainframe software applications. Some experience with ERP systems such as Lawson, PeopleSoft, and Oracle preferred.
- Improvement mindset ability to suggest and assist with the implementation of process improvements.
- Comfortable with working on automation projects. Some knowledge of EDI preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of people - inside and outside of the organization.
- Detail oriented.
- Flexible ability to take on different tasks and switch directions as directed by management.
- Comfort level with the various skills required to perform the variety of AP, Accounting and Treasury functions above.
- Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, reaching, bending
- Visual Requirements: Extensive exposure to video display terminal, near vision
- Hearing Requirements: Ability to hear normal conversation, telephone communications
- Working Conditions: Office setting
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.