Posted in Other 13 days ago.
UST is looking for someone with a high level of Simulink skill that can support model based software development. Domain experience in autonomy is a nice to have, but not a firm requirement. The Simulink experience is a firm requirement.
The Systems Engineer researches, develops, designs and validates mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic hardware and associated control logic for use in large mining haul trucks.
Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities in the performance of essential job duties:
* Proficiency in system modeling techniques using Matlab/Simulink
* Ability to mathematically model mechanical, hydraulic, and basic electrical systems
* Understanding of the model based code development processes and tools
* Ability to create schematics depicting system operation and design
* Ability to write specifications and requirements that describe system function and logic
* Ability to apply basic electrical equations to circuit analysis
* Ability to install and modify basic control system wiring
Essential Job Duties:
* Develops mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and electro-mechanical systems for use on large mining haul trucks
* Performs system calculations and/or simulations
* Creates schematic representations of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and electro mechanical systems
* Interfaces with other disciplines (Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electrical, etc.) to create specifications/requirements that outline control system logic necessary for haul truck functions
* Writes software and/or uses model based design techniques to develop software modules
* Develops detailed test requests to initiate both component and system level testing and validation
Electrical: Independently develop professional cost effective wire harness designs using knowledge of electrical engineering principles applicable to the design of wire harnesses and vehicle electrical systems.rnMechanical: Independently develop professional cost effective designs for Hydraulic Structural Components and Weld using knowledge of mechanical engineering principles including FEA; estimate and compute calculations as required.