Posted in Other 13 days ago.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF Trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World's Best heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company's dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
Kenworth's Zero Emissions department is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team developing electric trucks. This individual will develop electrical and electronic solutions for Fuel Cell and Battery Electric zero emissions vehicles. The successful candidate must initiate and coordinate design activities to align with goals across multiple PACCAR Divisions. The ideal candidate will deliver validated designs that continue to enhance PACCAR's reputation as an industry leader in the development of efficient and green solutions.
Here's what you will do in this role:
* Lead electrical component and system design, with a deep understanding of electrical and electronic systems, and technical requirements. Create and support the completion of technical drawings.
* Manage deliverables across multiple projects through all stages of development (Definition, Concept, Engineering, and Verification/Validation), and adapt job responsibilities within the team to ensure successful completion.
* Directly support vehicle assembly, troubleshooting, validation, and operation of field test trucks.
* Collaborate with colleagues and suppliers to provide a global approach to designs and process, and maintain corporate specifications where appropriate
* Proactively forecast and take steps to mitigate risks. Prepare work estimates for time, resources & budget.
* Provide written and verbal reports on product development progress, program objectives, department status to goals.
* Up to 10% travel (domestic and international)
Skills & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science required.
* 3+ years of industry-related background in the design and specification of automotive or HD truck components, preferably in the field of electric vehicles.
* Willingness to grow personally and professionally, ready to learn and make use of new engineering processes and techniques. Be resourceful in solving complex technical problems.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to deliver technical presentations and written reports to diverse audiences.
* Demonstrated ability to work with a team to achieve timely objectives.
* Demonstrated initiative to develop solutions and drive to see them through.
* Significant experience with advanced features in Microsoft Excel, Project and PowerPoint preferred.
* Willingness to be hands-on, develop prototypes and support on-the-ground testing.
* Experience with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) disciplines and tools preferred.
Why work for PACCAR/Kenworth?
* Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
* Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.
* Support and/or design the commercial vehicles of the future with a focus on emerging technologies such as electric and autonomous trucks
* Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
* Paid Time Off - vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.
* 401k with 100% company match, AND a company paid pension plan after 5 years.
* Tuition reimbursement for continued education - eligible after 1 year of service.
A Bachelor's Degree is required.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing policies and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status. This applies to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, termination, rates of pay, and other conditions of employment.