Posted in Other 14 days ago.
|# of Openings||
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused onDelivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
Entry-level civil underground designers leverage their experience to design portions of projects, as assigned. Designers are part of project teams working on developing construction-ready documents/civil plans for bidding, permitting, construction, and cost-estimating activities. Develops underground utility plans by following client, NV5, and industry standards, specifically working within AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation applications. They support multiple projects among remote offices and prioritize work tasks. Solid written and verbal communication skills are essential. Designers are expected to use their education, experience, intelligence and common sense to resolve engineering issues and complete assigned tasks.
* Use computer-aided drafting tools such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, MicroStation, AutoCAD Inventor, Bentley Substation, Solidworks, and CADWorx, as well as technical handbooks, utility standards, tables, and calculators to create relevant drawings and 3D models
* Research, specify, and recommend commercially available equipment
* Confer with other staff members to resolve problems and create construction documents
* Prepare deliverables in a professional and organized manner
* Prepare drawings of the projects designed accurately and in conformance with the applicable standards and regulations, and review all work for completeness before submitting for engineering review
* Work under the direction of senior designers and engineers
* Meet client and NV5's requirements and standards
* Manage and maintain design records and files
* Complete as-built drawings
* Able to fulfill assignments that require independent judgment and evaluation
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision
* Prepare studies, perform field surveys, document existing conditions, and/or recommend design solutions
* Specify portions of the engineering system from catalogs or other resources. This typically involves the application of special knowledge to design effective engineering solutions
* Design deliverables include alignment sheets, property plats and permit drawings for small, mid-sized, and large-scale projects, as well as site civil grading plans
* Minimal travel to client sites as needed (expected to be no more than 30% of time)
* At least 4 years of AutoCAD, MicroStation, and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
* Associate's Degree in Engineering, Architectural, Design, Mechanical or Electrical Technologies or relevant field, or equivalent training and experience
* Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
* Valid driver's license
* 0-2 years of experience in utility design
* Proficient using MS Office Suite and other relevant software
* Knowledgeable of relevant industry standards for design and construction
* Valid driver's license
* Experience preparing bills of materials and construction units with software such as SAP and Maximo
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or relevant field
* At least 2 years of experience, including direct design and drafting work in the power-delivery field
* Working knowledge of utility safe work practices strongly preferred
* Participate in technical and professional societies
* Proficient knowledge of design programs
* Performance evaluation metrics include timely, accurate completion of project work
* Attends in-house seminars and educational opportunities outside of the offices
* This position requires sitting for extensive periods of time
* Must be able to visually interpret complex drawings
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.