Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Mortgage Systems Developer
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Mortgage Systems Developer in the Mortgage department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for supporting the company's Encompass 360 Loan Origination System (LOS) and ancillary systems and services which are integrated with Encompass. This position requires in depth knowledge of the loan origination workflow. The Mortgage Systems Developer works closely with members of the Mortgage Systems team and Management to develop and document solutions using REST API, Visual Basic, and C#. The Mortgage Systems Developer is tasked with developing all customizations, advanced business rules, custom input screens, and business analytical tools. The role requires previous experience with change management protocols and procedures, and requires previous working development of the Encompass 360 system.
Areas of focus:
* Works closely with Management and request stakeholders to develop and maintain Encompass plugins, external API and SDK applications, advance business rules, advance custom input forms, advance custom disclosures, workflow progression, and regulatory compliance as specified in change requests submitted by the business stakeholders.
* Maintains documentation of all development. This includes testing scripts, writing procedures, assisting in maintenance of Encompass users, roles, profiles, security settings, and loan access settings.
* Develops and performs maintenance of internal applications, and internal data structures written in Visual Studio.
* Maintains various Encompass settings. Perform system analysis and simulation testing to determine potential impact of deploying proposed system changes.
* Administers and provides end user support for escalated tickets sent into the Mortgage Systems helpdesk.
* Assists in training with Mortgage Division staff on custom development. Works closely with the Mortgage Trainer to create new training materials in multiple formats. Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate developed solutions.
* Identifies the need for, designs, reviews and creates user interactive analytical reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Combines data from multiple sources to produce consolidated reports including graphical representation of selected data. Periodically tests the reports for accuracy and conformance to requirements.
* Liaisons with technology management to insure all mortgage systems appropriately integrate with core bank systems.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience is preferred.
* 1-5 years of Encompass development experience is required.
* Analytical ability is required in researching and analyzing data. Accuracy and attention to detail are required.
* Experience with change management procedures, documenting all development, creating testing scripts is required.
* Experience problem solving Mortgage origination or Mortgage servicing issues is preferred
* Experience coding Encompass business rules, coding in C#, REST API's, Visual Basic, creation of advanced MS Word calculations is required.
* Conceptual familiarity with Encompass SDK/API is required.
* Must have 1+ years in advanced coding of business rules within Encompass using Visual Basic .NET
* Experience with PowerShell, PowerBI, and SQL queries is preferred.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.Apply NowShare Save Job