Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
We are looking for a talented ASSEMBLER (ENGINE UPFIT) to join our team specializing in Service for our Distribution business in Jefferson, LA.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
• Perform skilled activities which support business needs. Select and use appropriate tools, machinery and specialty equipment completing work with limited guidance.
• Learn and understand the protocols of working safely with electricity and other energy sources with industrial equipment.
• Review work orders to ensure accuracy for invoicing and warranty.
• Raise issues to minimize cost and quality exposures.
• Ongoing training and additional certifications on new and existing Cummins products.
• Adhere to all our relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Perform work in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and specifications using various tools, measuring and testing instruments.
• Apply high standards of workmanship and craftsmanship.
• Follow all process documentation and quality procedures.
• Thrive in fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
• Experience with engine customization and modification to customer specifications.
• Experience with mechanical assembly and disassembly; marine/automotive/diesel experience is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.