Posted in General Business 24 days ago.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader in Banking. The world's corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management and merchant services. Wholesale Payments sits at the intersection of finance and technology and is one of the largest players (processing $6 trillion of payments a day) in an industry undergoing a major transformation. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
As a data scientist with the Wholesale Payments Data and Analytics team, you would be responsible for defining and executing the multi-year analytics strategy for optimizing payment performance on an emerging platform with extensive capabilities. You would be responsible for defining the optimization capabilities required of this new platform and doing the analysis to support your ideas to technical and product partners. We are a new and rapidly growing team of change agents inside J.P. Morgan. We are data scientists, design strategists, and business leaders creating and building data products that transform the way we and our clients do business - balancing the art of decision making with science. What we build matters and will have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach thousands of our clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business, moving trillions of dollars a day.
New technologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change.
• Develop, plan and execute analytical projects showing what capabilities need to be prioritized in order to rapidly optimize payment performance of our clients.
• Articulate those capabilities and work with tech partners to determine how best to implement those capabilities in this platform.
• Bring order to disparate requirements with high tolerance for ambiguity, very strong problem solving ability, and excellent client engagement skills
• Be a data storyteller, deliver practical data insights in a compelling manner to senior leadership. Articulate findings clearly and concisely including presentations, discussions and visualizations.
• Work well with a variety of teams to help deliver the actual platform capabilities
Who you are
• Payments background - extensive experience in payments on either the PSP or merchant side.
• Quantitative background -Advanced Degree in analytical field (e.g. econometrics, statistics, engineering, mathematics, computer science). 5+ year's relevant experience. Expertise in data mining, quantitative research techniques, theories, principles, and practices. Understanding of statistics, optimization and machine learning methodologies
• Deep experience across the full range of database and business intelligence tools especially SQL on Hadoop (Hive, Impala, Spark), Python and ability for rapid prototyping in Tableau; publishing and presenting information in an engaging way. Understanding of algorithms and software engineering fundamentals.
• Analytical thought leader - You can define the analytical agenda for projects, frame ambiguous business questions into analytical plans (e.g., assess data needs, source files, prepare data, create new features, evaluate quality, etc.), and execute.
• Cognitive and Communications Skill - Highly articulate, built upon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. General ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant insights, and drive to clear decisions.
• Leadership - Primary focus of building something of significance. Willingness to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes. Self-confidence, poise, and personal presence that inspires confidence in others. Charisma, gravitas, intellect, flexibility, and integrity that motivates others to trust, collaborate, and followJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans