Posted in Other 18 days ago.
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50manufacturing locations in 15countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to bebetter in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Regional Lean Expert is a Lean Thinker with a very high level of expertise in Business Transformation. They will play a central role in developing the organization into a Lean enterprise based upon GKN Aerospace's Lean Operating Model. They will lead, coach and influence Leadership Teams at their assigned site, ensuring rigor and fidelity to their transformation roadmap.
* Co-create the Divisional Lean strategy, working in partnership with the site leaders, functional leaders and divisional unit leaders.
* Jointly deliver measureable results in improvement in People engagement, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory.
* Develop and maintain the GKN Aerospace Lean Operating Model and documentation.
* Provide leadership, coaching and training in cultural change and the Lean Deployment Model to drive business improvement through employee engagement.
* Coach and hold accountable Site Leadership teams and Site Lean Leaders in their deployment of the Lean Operating Model and integral plant improvements projects and operational improvements, in alignment with yearly budget plans.
* Ensure alignment of internal and any appropriate external resources on the use of the GKN Aerospace Lean Operating Model, terminology and methodology.
* Champion best practice sharing across sites, regions, and divisions. Champion involvement, continued development and utilization of the certified Lean Community.
* Facilitate improvement implementation through:
* Value Stream Mapping
* Employee Teams
* Kaizen Events
* Lean Operating Model Training Workshops
* Build teams, act as a coach and change agent; role model for Safety first, People-centricity, and Lean Leadership.
* Assure that targeted KPI improvements, including cost savings, are tracked, validated and posted to the site's operating results.
* Train and coach to certification, at all levels of the Lean Learning Academy, ensuring that our people are fully certified in Lean Thinking at the appropriate level for their role.
* Build knowledge and best practice networks both internally and externally, developing self as a thought leader in the field of Lean Thinking and Leadership.
* Bachelor's degree -OR - in lieu of degree, 5 years of GKN Aerospace experience
* 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with a Lean Operating Model/Business System
* Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations and/or program requirements.
* GKN Experience
* Ability to travel Regionally, some International depending on geographic scope of business
* Multi-site Lean Deployment management experience
* Lean Expert or Six Sigma Black Belt level certification by a recognized body or company
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment - to effectively listen, facilitate, challenge, communicate and motivate multifunctional teams and employees at all levels of the organization.
* Proficient oral and written communication skills.
* Must be a proven leader within a relevant discipline and a quick learner who is adaptive to and embraces change.
* Drives for operational excellence and business results and interacts effectively at all levels of the organization to "get things done."
* Envisions the future, customer focus, takes measured risks.
* Excellent organizational and planning skills as well as the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* A passion for Lean Deployment at the system level
* Competence in Change, Performance, Project and Process Management
* Great networking skills and the ability to influence outside of own team.
* Energetic, disciplined, focused & has the ability to see beyond temporary set-backs.
* Fosters open communication, values learning and is able to build employee effectiveness.
* Promotes essential facilitation and leadership skills.
* Builds teams and acts as a role model in coaching, championing change
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth