Posted in Information Technology 19 days ago.
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic has an immediate need for experienced Simulation Engineer to work in the Global Simulation COE. The Simulation COE will be responsible for the development of standard simulation code modules for Dematic’s standard solutions. The position can be located in Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA or Grand Rapids, MI. The successful candidate will have 5 or more years’ experience developing simulation models and working on simulation projects, a broad knowledge of manufacturing and material handling systems and understand automated material handling systems, warehouse control systems, mechanical controls systems and distribution center operations. The successful candidate will also have formal academic training in Simulation Modeling and Analysis. Knowledge of AutoMod, FlexSim or Demo3D is desirable, experience with other simulation software is necessary.
Job Family Specific Responsibilities:
• Works on developing standard simulation modules for Dematic’s standard solutions
• Designs and develops accurate and valid computer-based models of manufacturing and/or material handling systems made up of package conveyor, pallet conveyor, automatic guided vehicles, and automated storage and retrieval systems.
• Constructs simulation models that conform to approved modeling standards.
• Maintains the library of standard simulation modules, providing updates and feature requests from the regional simulation teams.
• Helps drive the adoption of standard simulation processes across regional simulation teams.
• Clearly communicates complex principles, ideas, and concepts. Skillfully uses verbal communication to build customer confidence and understanding.
• Attends industry conferences, seminars, etc., and reads trade journals to stay current of current/future operating strategies and technologies as they relate to Dematic’s business.
A BSIE, BSISE or related equivalent is required. MSIE, MSISE or related equivalent is a desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
• Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organizations business practices and issues.
• Typically 5 or more years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
• Experience with AutoMod, FlexSim or Demo3D strongly preferred. Experience with discrete event simulation software required.
Direction of Others:
• Provide general guidance, training, and/or support of professional staff.
Key Working Relationships:
• Primarily intra-organizational contacts.