Posted in Other 27 days ago.
Open Date: April 19, 2021
Close Date: May 9, 2021
Fermilab is America's premier laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. We support discovery science experiments in Illinois and at locations around the world, including deep underground mines in South Dakota and Canada, mountaintops in Arizona and Chile, and the South Pole.
We are strategic risk takers, innovators, and collaborators. We are engineers, scientists, technicians, administrative professionals. We are 1,800 employees advancing knowledge for the benefit of humankind. Fermilab has been at the forefront of particle physics for more than 40 years. We build world-leading accelerators and detectors to conduct some of the most advanced particle physics experiments possible. We collect and analyze the data from those experiments with some of the most powerful computers in the world. We conduct this research on a 6,800-acre prairie, 35 miles outside Chicago, a treasure that has been designated a National Environmental Research Park.
Fermi Research Alliance's (FRA) Finance Section seeks an experiencedSenior Procurement Compliance Specialistto lead high level procurement efforts. Working under the direction of the Compliance Officer, ensures the Fermi Research Alliance (FRA) Procurement System is compliant with the Department of Energy (DOE) Prime Contract and supports the mission of large international projects such as the Deep Underground Neutrino Experiment (DUNE) supported by the Long-Baseline Neutrino Facility (LBNF). Coordinates compliance self-assessments, subcontract file reviews, audits, and compliance training activities. In the absence of the Compliance Officer, responsible for communication with DOE on LBNF-DUNE procurement matters.
* Review large international project procurement documents for compliance issues and recommend improvements.
* Assist large international project procurement staff in complying with the purchasing system.
* Train large international project procurement staff on compliance issues.
* Review large international project procurement organization activities for compliance with the prime contract and the Purchasing System.
* Assist the Compliance Officer in conducting self-assessments including subcontract file reviews; DOE Balanced Scorecard; and compliance audits.
* Assist in the department preparation for independent review accomplished by DOE's Procurement Evaluation and Reengineering Team (PERT).
* Assist in the development and maintenance the procurement system
* Analyze compliance data and report recommendations for improvement.
* Make recommendations on metrics that evaluate the compliance and effectiveness of the procurement process.
* Verify completion of compliance corrective actions for large international project items.
* Coordinate Procurement compliance issues with Legal office.
* In the absence of, or at the direction of the Compliance Officer, communicate with DOE on procurement matters.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Abides by and is responsible for performing all duties in accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position.
We Are Looking For:
Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, finance, economics, public administration or related field and 5+ years of practical procurement experience. Must have proficiency in MS Office Suite (primarily in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint).
Desired But Not Required: Professional certification, such as Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Procurement Manager (CPM), Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM), Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM), certificates regarding federal government contracting
Applicable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Basic knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations (DEAR); Knowledge of compliance principles, concepts and methods.
Respects, understands and values individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
Abide by all environment, safety, and health regulations.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underrepresented groups/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.