Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Job Description Summary
The primary role of this position is support of supervision in managing and directing maintenance operations. Individuals must demonstrate effective and positive leadership skills. This position assists in administering company plans, policies, and procedures. This position is responsible for optimizing productivity and maintaining target quality and sanitation levels. Must have knowledge of plant safety, personal hygiene, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and assist in administering these policies.
Accomplishes assigned repair and maintenance functions throughout the plant in an orderly and timely manner.
This position is responsible for start up, operation and shutdown of boiler and refrigeration equipment to assure its proper operation. Performs maintenance activities to maximize plant production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains and promotes safe work practices at all times and assures that safe work practices are being followed in all work groups.
- Uses personal protective equipment to perform job safely
- Operator required to pass a pulmonary/fit test yearly. Due to the use of SCBA
- Ensures boiler and refrigeration system and related equipment are properly operated and maintained in an efficient manner.
- Typical activities will include troubleshooting, removal, installation, disassembly, repair, and assembly of boiler and refrigeration equipment.
- Performs routine checks and preventive maintenance established by the maintenance lead and maintenance team leader.
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions.
- May be required to perform emergency repairs with a minimum of supervision.
- Communicates boiler operations needs with production and maintenance departments, assuring safety requirements are met.
- Enforces and adheres to company and plant policies, work rules, and procedures.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Operates a forklift in a safe manner
- Performs other duties as assigned by team leader
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Must be able to perform operational evaluation and practical calculations for:
- Refrigeration Fundamentals - Boiler Fundamentals
- Refrigeration Operations-Boiler Operations
- Compressors- Boiler Efficiency
- Condensers- Boiler Controls
- Evaporators- Pumps
- Refrigeration Controls - Piping Systems
- Lubrication Systems-Safety
- Must be able to demonstrate safe use and skilled application of tools commonly used in this plant in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Must be able to recognize and name materials and supplies commonly used in this job.
- Ability to demonstrate safe use of hand tools.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime, and any or all days of the week in accordance with plant needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Two year certificate from college or technical school; or six to eight months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information to other employees of the organization in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires you to be able to lift heavy objects in a safe manner. Also, a great deal of standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching above your shoulders, climbing ladders, and crawling in tight, awkward work places for long periods of time is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires you to withstand varying temperatures from hot to cold (such as temperatures found in the freeze tunnel and cold storages), dusty areas, vibration, high humidity, fumes, and wet, muddy, and greasy areas.
Not to exceed 150 shifts.
After 2 years operator will be required to pass RETA CIRO certification coarse and maintain Certification every 3 years.