Posted in General Business 19 days ago.
John Graham Housing & Services
Title: Finance Director
Reports to: Executive Director
The Finance Director handles all day-to-day accounting functions and prepares monthly accounting
reports for John Graham Housing & Services (JGHS). The Finance Director works closely with the
Executive Director and the Leadership Team to forecast and develop grant proposals and budgets. The
Finance Director also maintains confidential personnel information related to health insurance,
employee benefits and payroll.
1. Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing
disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all JGHS service areas.
2. Implement Fund Accounting policies and procedures using QuickBooks.
3. Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash
disbursements, invoicing/billing, client credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory
integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting and fund accounting
4. Send invoices to JGHS clients and customers in accordance with contract terms and within 30
days of due date. Follow up on past due accounts for services, events and grants.
5. Process bi-weekly JGHS payroll.
6. Be the main liaison and manage relationships with insurance brokers and agencies relative to
employee benefits and agency liability.
7. Convene the Board Finance Committee monthly to review the financial report for JGHS prior to
the monthly board meeting.
8. Work with Executive Director and Board Treasurer to develop and improve presentation of
monthly financial records.
9. Provide financial information for analysis and evaluation of JGHS properties or special projects,
programs, capital expenditures, or products costing.
10. Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, and credit card companies.
11. The Finance Director must use the utmost discretion in all presentations, correspondence and
communication to JGHS Board and Staff.
12. Some in-town and out-of-town travel may be required to complete position responsibilities.
13. Perform background screenings for new employees, interns, and others working with JGHS.
14. Participate in bi-weekly Leadership team meetings.
15. Ensure appropriate insurance coverages are in place for JGHS.
16. Work closely with the Executive Director and Property Manager on building-related items;
review bids and proposals prior to Executive Director approval.
17. Work closely with the Executive Director, Program Director and Director of Quality Assurance on
development of grant budgets and financial reports.
18. Review contracts related to vendors, contract employees, equipment and products.
19. Retain employee records and maintain confidentiality related to personal, private information.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE
1. Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University; Masters preferred.
2. Ten or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education
3. CPA license is strongly preferred but not required.
4. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business forms, professional journals, technical
procedures or governmental regulations.
5. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints.
6. Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical
analysis and probability statements.
1. Working hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
2. Competitive salary package ($70,000-$75,000 range commensurate with experience) including a
comprehensive health insurance plan, retirement plan and PTO.
3. John Graham Housing & Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
ABOUT JOHN GRAHAM HOUSING & SERVICES
The mission of John Graham Housing & Services is to provideshelter,housing services andsupportin
times of crisis to those most in need in Vermont. The agency works 24/7 at six sites in Addison County,
Vermont. Services include:
Temporary and permanent subsidized housing for individuals and families.
Delivery of food and personal hygiene items to all houses and sites.
Designated off-site housing for people with disabilities and/or high risk.
In-person and virtual or phone counseling and support.
Coordinated care and referral for those with medical needs and/or mental health and or
substance use disorders.
24/7 on-site staffing at each residence providing compassionate care, safety regulation and