Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
UTHealth - UT Physicians Multispecialty Clinic - Sienna (8810 Highway 6, Missouri City, Texas) is hiring a LVN with previous outpatient clinic experience to join their team!
Functions as a member of the clinical team providing focused care to assigned patients with predictable healthcare needs, Aims to provide care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction.
2. Directed practice under supervision of registered nurse, advanced practice nurse, physician assistant, physician, dentist or podiatrist.
3. Functions under own license providing technical component of care such as medication administration and clinical procedures.
4. Collects data and performs focused patient assessments
5. Participates in the plan of care.
6. Implements appropriate aspects of care within scope of practice.
7. Solicits orders or initiates standing orders for prescription refills and implements standing delegation orders as necessary for specific patient population management.
8. Implements teaching plans for patients with well-defined health problems and well-defined learning needs.
9. Provides direct basic care to assigned patients.
10. Performs telephone messaging and in person screening with appropriate follow up.
11. Performs all functions related to clinic and patient flow to include clinic preparation, supply stocking, EHR review, preparation for and assistance with procedures, scheduling appointments. Respects and maintains privacy and confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines.
12. Adheres to standards of practice for vocational nurses.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Current Texas Licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
LVN License issued by the Texas Board of Nursing
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215