Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
Provides technical skills required to translate system analysis type definitions to reports, charts, and diagrams, from which programmers can efficiently perform their tasks. Responsible for grasping overall concepts and objectives of the entire system study and programming projects.
Location: Texas Medical Center
Dept.: Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Interviews clients/users and departmental personnel for problem definition to ensure that the program is written that fits the user's needs or changes are made to resolve any existing problems.
2. Develops program specifications for programming modules, programs specifications, testing, JCL and documentation ensuring conformity and consistency with system and department standards.
3. Writes, tests, and implements computer programs. Codes straight-forward to moderately complex programs and ensures that the programs conform to departmental standards.
4. Assists with acceptance testing of purchase software and/or upgrades to existing system software to ensure user/clients needs are met.
5. Participates in structured technical and functional walk-through with project team members and reports status of programming to Project Manager on a regular basis to ensure a full understanding of the program and the status of completion.
6. Resolves problems that arise with existing production systems to ensure the efficiency and proper functioning of programs and systems.
7. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge of computer hardware, software, and programming.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field or relevant experience in lieu of education.
Two years of programming experience.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215