Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
As part of the PASS 360 program, the Machine Operator is responsible for ensuring the quality of the product, machine operation, startup and change overs, machine troubleshooting, process control and training others. Actively participates in a team environment to maximize production efficiencies in producing a zero defect high quality product. This position requires a strong commitment to safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
2. Drives towards meeting balance scorecard metric targets including: safety, quality, delivery, productivity and cost.
3. Has the authority and obligation to maintain personal training plan as outlined by the PASS 360 Program (online, on-the-job and module training). Must complete required training as outlined in the PASS 360 Program.
4. Engages in and promotes a learning culture at thyssenkrupp by sharing knowledge and training other employees.
5. Cross Trains into different areas as needed to help maintain production demands
6. Responsible for completing control plan inspections.
7. Understands and maintains all quality standards.
8. Loads, unloads, sorts and inspects proper component parts and assemblies according to Control Plans and ensures accurate assembly.
9. Understand Quality Standards.
10. Efficiently runs and operates all required equipment.
11. May be required to relieve team members for their breaks.
12. May be required to certify those employees seeking qualification on the job role of Associate Machine Operator.
13. Can perform required responsibilities of this job role and the job role of Associate Machine Operator.
14. Assists other levels of Operators as needed and maintains self-direction to get the work completed when leadership is absent or unavailable.
15. Completes line start-ups and changeover activities.
16. Responsible for maintaining tooling cleanliness standards.
17. Responsible for monitoring part quality data and entering corrections / offsets as required.
18. Responsible for advanced PM activities including, but not limited to, fluid monitoring and greasing machinery.
19. Completes advanced SAP transactions.
20. Identifies and recovers machine faults.
21. Actively pursues other duties during down time.
22. Completes other job duties as delegated by department Shift Supervisor or Manager.
23. Completes all required departmental documentation by the end of the shift.
24. Engages in and supports Operational Excellence programs by submitting continuous improvement ideas.
25. Maintains established 6S standards for work area.
26. Has authority to stop processes to correct quality, safety or environmental problems, identify and place suspect product on quality hold, and to promptly notify Supervisory personnel when processes become non-compliant.
- Supervisory personnel have been delegated the responsibility and authority to add additional inspection steps necessary to ensure product quality when processes become non-compliant.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One year or more prior manufacturing experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to team members and other employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals, negative and positive numbers. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs. Use of Metric System.
Ability to solve practical problems and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized and fluctuating situations.
Technology and Equipment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SAP Integrated Business software and Maximo work order software. Use computer with Windows operating system, Microsoft Office Suites software.
Other Qualifications and Abilities:
Ability to train others, once qualified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Lifting is between floor and chest level. No overhead lifting is required.Are you looking for a manufacturing position in the automotive field in a state of the art facility? Look no further. thyssenkrupp Presta is seeking top notch, quality-minded individuals who are looking to start their careers and advance with endless possibilities.
At our facility, WE are within the Automotive Technology Division focusing on Camshafts. Camshafts control the inlet and outlet valves of the cylinders in combustion engines. They are essential components in our vehicles to ensure faultless functioning of the engine. Camshafts from thyssenkrupp can be found today in over 100 million vehicles worldwide and WE are the global market leader in the field of assembled Camshafts. Our customers include virtually every automotive manufacturer in the world but our facility focuses on Ford, GMC, and Chrysler to name a few. Look what you could be a part of!
Are you tired of working in the heat of the summer and the chill of the winter? Our facility has a controlled environment which helps us be conducive to productivity. Do you feel as if you're always working? WE have 10 paid holidays and offer 3 weeks of Paid-Time-Off (PTO) PLUS the opportunity to purchase an additional week! Our pay is competitive and our benefits are second to none. WE know the whole package is important when seeking employment and we want YOU to join our team. WE have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift opportunities right now. Join our team and see what you've been missing!
We've had multiple success stories of Machine Operators who've worked their way to the top. Don't believe it? Come see it for yourself.
"I started my exciting career on the shop floor and through hard work, dedication, and drive, I have been rewarded with many promotions and unique opportunities. In fact, I have seen stories similar to mine over my 20+ years of working for thyssenkrupp. We have some of the best employees, processes, technology, and culture to grow both personally and professionally." -Gary Tucker, CEOThe thyssenkrupp Camshaft company is headquartered in Ilsenburg, Germany and manufactures assembled camshafts for OEM automotive, heavy truck and motorcycle markets. It has realized YOY growth in excess of 15% for each of the last five years and has built a new facility in each of the last three years and will expand into Mexico in 2016 and Eastern Europe in 2017.
thyssenkrupp Danville, located in Danville, IL and established in 1996, manufacturers light vehicle and motorcycle assembled camshafts. The Danville Operations has over 400 employees on campus in Danville and a remote sales team in Troy Michigan. Annual sales are approximately $120M.