Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
The Account Manager position will manage the overall sales and marketing efforts for an assigned market. The Account Manager is responsible for receiving and processing orders, inquiries and communications to and from a specifically assigned customer to maximize revenues and gross margin dollars.
Summary of Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
• Utilize frequent phone and face-to-face contact in a consultative sales approach to ensure the satisfaction of customer needs
• Maintain a good knowledge of company products and prices and their applitcations to current and potential customers to maximize sales and gross margin potential
• Receives orders to assure quick and accurate response to customer’s needs.
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of plan workload, stock levels, current market and contract process and deliver schedules to provide accurate information to the customer.
• Develop and maintain good working knowledge of end user applications of assigned metal products to maximize sales potential by meeting customer needs
• Requisition inventory required to maintain consistent flow of material to the customer while meeting inventory level goals.
• Prepare usage statistics for monthly meetings.
• Advise management of all disputed items so as to maintain proper vendor and company relationships.
• Other duties as assigned
• Prefer experience in a flat rolled service center environment
• Steel product knowledge desired
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office), as well as facilitation and presentation skills
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from 4 year college or university; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Kloeckner Metals Corporation (KMC) has its North American headquarters in Roswell, GA, and is a subsidiary of Klöckner & CO, based in Duisburg, Germany. Kloeckner Metals is among the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies in the European and American markets combined. Kloeckner Metals has 50 locations in the U.S. and is located in 25 states. Kloeckner Metals services more than 13,000 metalworking businesses around the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Kloeckner Metals Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Visit us at www.kloecknermetals.com to learn more about us and see other opportunities nationwide. Follow us on social media on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/kloecknermetals and LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/kloeckner-metals-corporation and review our latest videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFmRpYYYLATpfqbDa74fUkA