Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
Set up, operate, or tend machines to cut metal to customer specifications.
Summary of Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
• Measure completed product to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
• Examine completed product for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
• Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
• Set up, operate, and tend Cut to Length machine.
• Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
• Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
• Clean and lubricate machines.
• Position, align, and secure product against fixtures or stops on machine beds.
• Knowledge of measuring devises
• Basic computer knowledge
• Ability to read and understand work orders
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1 – 2 years experience in production process (metals industry preferred)
Kloeckner Metals Corporation (KMC) has its North American headquarters in Roswell, GA, and is a subsidiary of Klöckner & CO, based in Duisburg, Germany. Kloeckner Metals is among the largest producer-independent distributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel service center companies in the European and American markets combined. Kloeckner Metals has 50 locations in the U.S. and is located in 25 states. Kloeckner Metals services more than 13,000 metalworking businesses around the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Kloeckner Metals Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Visit us at www.kloecknermetals.com to learn more about us and see other opportunities nationwide. Follow us on social media on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/kloecknermetals and LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/kloeckner-metals-corporation and review our latest videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFmRpYYYLATpfqbDa74fUkA