Posted in General Business 20 days ago.
The Chase Staff Appraiser is responsible for performing appraisals and reviews of residential property types for the Chase Mortgage Banking group. Geographic competency within key market area is required to perform appraisal assignments in a professional manner in compliance with USPAP, federal, state, and Chase requirements. This high caliber appraiser will be trained specifically on Chase valuation requirements and quality standards. The successful candidate will function as an individual contributor and demonstrate strong knowledge of appraisal practices and methodology.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Required: Licensed or Certified Residential Appraiser
• Required: 3+ years of appraisal experience as a licensed/certified appraiser
• Required: Excellent analytical and decision making skills
• Required: Ability to act independently and consistently make appropriate decisions with minimal guidance and oversight
• Required: Strong understanding of appraisal practices and methodology including the 3 Chase
• Required: Knowledge of construction standards and building cost estimating tools
• Required: Ability to complete real estate appraisals that are compliant with Federal and State laws, as well as being done in accordance with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
• Required: Experience appraising new construction, complex, unique, multi-family
• Required: Competency in Microsoft Office products and appraisal software
• Required: Excellent time management skills in order to multi-task and meet production expectations and deadlines
• Required: Valid Driver's License
• Preferred: Associate's Degree
• Preferred: FHA Approved Appraiser, USDA experience
• Requires background check, review of Chase Ineligible List, review of any prior disciplinary actions, verification of active license within state, no current or pending litigation or investigations.
• Demonstrate geographic competencyChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans