Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
The Document Management Operating Unit within Reference Data Technology in JPMorgan Chase has been formed at the start of 2013 with an exciting, aggressive and challenging remit to upgrade our key platform. The team has been tasked with
defining and implementing a Document Management solution and associated services across creation, capture, storage, retention, search and retrieval of documents stored to support management of core reference data i.e. Party, Client,
Legal Entity, Account and Entity relationship. Additionally also provide generic solutions for content management and management of structured and unstructured data including storage and management of images and Search technology
architecture across multiple lines of business, allowing for timely, consolidated, consistent and accurate identification and consumption of documents and relevant content by authorized internal and external parties.
As a Software Engineer, you will deliver high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. You will utilize mature (3rd or 4th Generation) programming
methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
You will document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules and automated testing.
You will adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
Additionally, you will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final
For more information on Software Engineering roles, please view the Software Engineering Job Family Overview.
• 5+ years of software engineering experience and the ability to demonstrate effective and efficient delivery will be a key measure of success within the role.
• Hands on experience in server-sde Core Java (JSP/HTML/XML/JSON, Java/J2EE programming, Spring Framework and design techniquest, development of web applications, and REST APIs required.
• Exposure to relational databases - Oracle/Sybase experience would be preferred.
• Familiarity Linux, Shell scripting and application services like Apache and Tomcat, Springboot and any other Big data platforms like Hadoop, MongoDB etc..
• Working Knowledge of version control practices using GIT, Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins and automation testing e.g. Cucumber, Flyway
• Experience with AngularJS or similar technologies
• Knowledge of Machine learning and/or Natural Language Processing (NLP) technologies using Python or Java
• Knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon(AWS), Kubernetes (GKP) or Pivotal (GAIA) based technologies
• Good to have - XQuery/XPath and Marklogic database
• Good time management skills and ability to multi-task
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exposure to Agile based software developmentJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans