Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 7 days ago.
Under the supervision of the designated site Facility Coordinator the agency’s Food Service Workers are responsible for food inventory, grocery shopping and meal preparation for their assigned residential facility. The Food Service Workers for Mirror shall operate in accordance with the policies set forth by the Mirror Board of Directors, as implemented by his/her supervisors and all parties involved shall abide by all applicable laws and regulations. The Food Service Workers should help ensure agency compliance with Social and Rehabilitation Services, Division of Health Care Policy, Mental Health and Addiction and Prevention Services Licensure Standards, Kansas Department of Corrections contract agreements, Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Bureau of Environment Health Services Food Service Establishment Regulations and any other local ordinances related to food preparation, dietary standards and facility conditions specific to Mirror food service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. High school diploma or General Educational Development certificate.
2. Vocational/Technical courses and/or work related experience in institutional meal preparation is required.
3. Experience in supervising and interacting with persons addicted to drugs or the offender population would be desirable.
4. Experience in the safe operation of commercial sized kitchen equipment is required.
5. Good reading, writing and communication skills.
6. Ability to organize and prioritize and follow through with multiple tasks related to the preparation of meals for 50+ clients.
7. Capable of working over-time hours past 40.
8. Awareness of the disease of addiction.
9. Must be able to pass background/security check.
10. Employees who have been diagnosed with any type of substance use disorder or behavioral addiction/compulsion must have sustained a minimum of two consecutive years of abstinence from all intoxicating substances and symptoms of their chemical and/or behavioral addiction; and must be in full sustained remission.
11. Must be proficient in computer literate.
12. Job functions in this position may involve walking, climbing stairs, bending and lifting up to 30 or 40 pounds
13. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.