Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Shift 3rd 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
Pay Range : $16.85 - $18.10
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Slitter Operator sets up and operates a manual slitter and/or automatic slitter and associated packing lines. This position follows safety rules and work instructions while fulfilling shop floor work orders to achieve consistent quality of slit products; maintains production records on simple forms; troubleshooting and problem-solving; and participates in activities designed to improve quality or lower manufacturing costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Sets up and operates slitter according to established procedures
* Maintain safety, housekeeping, and preventive maintenance programs
* Ensure finishing equipment is working correctly, troubleshoot, perform safety inspects and complete required documentation, perform preventative maintenance on assigned equipment, and initiate work orders for repairs
* Instruct trainees in all phases of slitter operation and record keeping
* Read simple measurements, gauges, and meters
* Record output results on required documents and/or into computer
* Perform yardage checks, record results, and set slitter yardage counter
* Read tags to ensure that proper materials are retrieved/used
* Issue hold tags; send samples to lab
* Ensure correct materials and supplies are retrieved for optimum quality
* Maintain manual and/or electronic production records
* Perform equipment change-over and splices
* Perform data-entry on SAP
* Participate in S4 continuous improvement team meetings and projects
* Apply S4 concepts to work cells
* Communicate any equipment problems and maintenance issues from shift
* Apply all safety rules when entering the manufacturing facility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Appropriate Work Keys Scores
o Reading for Information: 4
o Locating Information: 3
o Applied Mathematics: 3
* Ability to be follow detailed instructions accurately, work independently, and a team player
* Excellent manual dexterity and organizational skills
* Knowledge of production schedules, basic math skills, computer skills, and data entry
* Ability to make length measurements, read gauges and meters
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to position and lift 50 - 100 pounds
* Ability to stand, walk, kneel, lift, bend, & stoop when required and stand for extended periods
The environment is typical of a manufacturing production atmosphere.
* High noise levels in certain parts of the plant
* High humidity and hot temperatures
* Required PPE in the manufacturing area (shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection)