Posted in Other 6 days ago.
US-WI-Merrill | US-CO-Denver
Lead assigned team responsible for handling more complex commercial cases involving litigation management, MSAs, and complex negotiations. Accountable for the outcomes produced by direct reports and the financial exposure associated with the assigned team's claim volume. Champion department initiatives and change management. Manage and complete assigned projects. Supervisor responsibilities to include staffing, training and development, performance management, and workforce planning.
Supervisor/Manager responsibilities may include all of the following:
* Staffing needs, to include interviewing and onboarding for new employees.
* Training and development, as well as coaching and motivation for staff.
* Performance management, goal setting, employee engagement, and salary administration.
* Workforce management to include unit equipment, software, pace needs, approving time off and overtime usage, and budget recommendation
* Accountable for the outcomes produced by direct reports and the financial exposure associated with the team's claim volume. Provide direction and coaching to facilitate positive results. Ensure unit is meeting expectations as defined by the Claim unit's best practice guidelines.
* Review and authorize settlements within senior claim supervisor authority and escalate with recommended plan of action as appropriate. Offer claim resolution techniques to complex claims including mediations, hearings, and settlement conferences.
* Monitor performance of team using claim audits, work product review, and dialogue with direct reports. Assist and support the creation and implementation of audit action plan with suggested goals and training opportunities. Conduct coaching and mentoring interactions with team members. Provide meaningful career development guidance to direct reports.
* Communicate effectively to team members, peers, and business partners. Champion department initiatives and change management through effective written and verbal communications. Initiate and implement process and procedural changes effectively to maintain productivity.
* Guide strategies for resolving customer concerns, providing oversight to claim handler, or responding directly to customers as appropriate. Develop fair solutions to meet the needs of Church Mutual and our policyholders.
* Analyze management reports to ensure workloads are consistent with the skill level and experience of direct reports. Propose staffing solutions that align with unit and department goals and metrics.
* Collaborate with Claims management in the hiring process to ensure selection of qualified candidates for open positions. Maximize a positive onboarding/training experience through partnership with Learning & Development.
* Mentor and assist peers with technical and/or jurisdictional knowledge transfer as appropriate. Assist with onboarding for new Claims supervisors.
* Lead and mentor Claims unit on more complex cases involving litigation management, MSAs, and complex negotiations.
* Focus on continued self-development and learning.
* Manage and complete projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree is preferred. Equivalent education and/or related insurance experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Completion of AIC, AIM, or SCLA designations is desired.
* Minimum of three years of commercial lines claims experience is required.
* Typically, three or more years' supervisory experience is required.
* Understanding of claim handling standards and strong knowledge of state and other regulatory requirements.
* Ability to obtain and maintain state adjusting license requirements and complete continuing education requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and innovation.
* Strong communication and collaboration skills with all levels of the organization.
* Effective interpersonal skills in order to coach and lead individuals to their full potential, to meet company objectives, and to work cohesively in a team environment.
* Strong judgment, decision-making skills, and organizational abilities.
* Ability to approach problem-solving systematically and creatively.
* Knowledge and ability to work with various systems, software, applications, programs, and databases.
* Proficient knowledge of the concepts of best practices, continuous improvement strategies, operational efficiency, and change management practices.
Church Mutualis an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.