Posted in Other 8 days ago.
$300 sign on bonus!!!
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
What does the Personal Care Attendant do?:
The Personal Care Attendant provides the best in direct resident care including bathing, toileting, and companionship. The PCA will also complete various assignments as a universal team member at the community and assists in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for residents.
Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Personal Care Attendant role?
* See the impact of your expertise and care by interacting with our residents on a daily basis.
* Collaborate with a strong team of health care providers, all while working in a home-like setting.
* The ability to bring pure joy and community to our residents.
* Build relationships with your residents for months and years at a time.
* Strong promote-from-within culture: the possibilities are endless.
* Our 35+ year old, family-owned and operated organization (with over 80 locations in 8 states) means we aren't too small, but not too big. You are known here.
In this job, every day you will...
1. Provide direct resident care while promoting resident dignity, independence and choice, regularly observes residents' physical and mental conditions and reports changes to the Health Services Director, Expressions Coordinator, or Executive Director.
2. Assist with or provides care services as directed by the resident's cooperative service plan.
3. Report and document all incidents and accidents per policy. Completes all incident forms.
4. Assist residents to and from dining room and activities.
5. Perform First Aid and initiates emergency response procedures as required.
6. Coordinate personal care services with co-workers assisting with lifting and responds to assistance pages promptly.
7. Serve meals in the dining room, assist residents at meal time, provides resident tray delivery, and assists with dining room and kitchen clean up and maintenance.
8. Assist in lifting, moving and transporting residents using proper body mechanics or assistive devices as directed by the resident's cooperative service plan.
Education Experience needed to qualify:
* High school diploma or GED with one or more years of personal care experience with older adults preferred.
* Must hold state required certification (if required), complete state required delegation and/or training requirements and successfully complete the ADL competency return demonstration.
* Must have word processing skills.
* Current First Aid and CPR certification.
* Food Handlers permit if required by State.
Ways you can advance beyond the Personal Care Attendant role:
Once you master this role, you could consider the Lead Personal Care Attendant, Medication Technician, Resident Care Coordinator, or other jobs with Prestige Care.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED - At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different.:
Questions? Contact ParkwoodED@prestigecare.com:
Information about Parkwood Meadows Assisted Living
Located at 1885 Parkwood Street in Idaho Falls, Parkwood Meadows Assisted Living has 44 apartments of all assisted living.
You can truly know each and every one of our residents and other team members at our beautiful community that is known for it's staff longevity and strong commitment to excellence. The community is clean, inviting, home-like, and one where you can bring your whole self to work every day. Parkwood Meadows is also no stranger to high performance, winning the 2015 "Bronze" award through the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living, one of only a small handful of communities over the last 10 years in the state of Idaho to achieve such a designation.
Our community also offers an innovative wellness program, Celebrations , that is focused on six wellness categories that empower residents to explore new or treasured hobbies, pastimes and skills. With the Parkwood's Celebrations program, residents have the tools to explore a host of exhilarating new activities and to live life the way they want. We offer a defined career path for you, in a beautiful setting, where you can truly thrive.
If working in a home-like setting, with a strong team atmosphere, and with a national award-winning employer that has a great promote-from-within culture, then Parkwood Meadows Assisted Living is the place for you.
Who Is Prestige Care?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end of every day.