Kennedy Jenks provides engineering and scientific solutions for innovative water and environmental projects since 1919. We deliver exceptional service and highly qualified professional staff to solve the unique challenges of public agencies and private industry clients across the United States.
If you are interested in making an impact in the quality of life and the environment, then Kennedy Jenks Consultants is the place for you. We are currently seeking an Associate Scientist in our Princeton, New Jersey office.
The ideal candidate is technically knowledgeable in the areas of environmental investigation, remediation and construction with strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build client trust and rapport. The ideal candidate will be high-energy achievement oriented with entrepreneurial spirit. They will excel in a collaborative team environment of like-minded experts. The ideal candidate can develop and present effective and efficient solutions to create value for clients.
What you'll be doing: Working with multi-disciplinary teams, you will:
- Pursue, develop, manage, and provide technical assistance on investigation, remediation and construction projects in the Northeast and across the United States.
- Collect samples in various environmental media and evaluate and interpret data.
- Prepare written reports, meet project quality standards on project deliverables and coordinate necessary reviews of project documents with internal team members, subconsultants and client representatives.
- Develop and expand our client relationships by supporting preparation of technical proposals and participating in business development activities.
- Interface with external clients and regulatory agency representatives and internal resources through phone calls and/or in-person meetings.
- Delegate to and mentor staff.
Some travel to project sites and/or other Kennedy/Jenks offices will be necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS degree in Geology or Environmental Science (or related discipline) from an accredited four-year college or university (advanced course work or graduate degree preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the environmental industry
- Proven ability to deliver assignments on schedule and within budget
- Strong communication and analytical skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record
- Ability to travel as needed
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy Jenks provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Kennedy Jenks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.