Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Spec Lending Team Ldr - REMOTE
position is remote, however will require the individual to work within Sandy
Spring Bank's footprint (Maryland, DC and Virginia).
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Specialty Lending Team Leader in the Business Banking department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for supervising the Specialty Lending Service Administrator function and staff primarily charged with the coordination and servicing of government guaranteed loans. Duties include coordination of team activities with other Team Leaders and Specialty Lending Administration Managers. Utilize a firm understanding of Specialty Lending Loan Policy and Specialty Lending processes related to loan documentation and the loan closing process.
Areas of focus:
* Management of Specialty Lending Administrators
Responsible for a segment of the Bank's administration and reviews activities to ensure that government guaranteed loans adhere to existing policy and guidelines. Provides support, training and assistance for direct reports and other specialty lending team members to develop knowledge, skills and abilities to maximize performance. Document performance and complete performance review forms in a timely manner. Collaborates with the Specialty Lending Administration Manager regarding resource management. Addresses personnel issues promptly and consistently. Lead a team through a fast paced/high volume environment with the ability to resolve challenges, communicate clearly and foster a positive environment with a focus on professional development as well as accountability. Actively collaborate with Specialty Lending Administration Manager to resolve challenges and maintain strong overall knowledge of team capacity.
Through a strong understanding of the workflow, directs the Specialty Lending Administrators in resolving administration issues and is tasked with ensuring that assigned process is done efficiently and accurately. Understands risks and has a firm understanding of loan policy. Interfaces directly with the borrower and other parties, as needed, to assemble additional supporting information and due diligence required for processing. Prepares/reviews adverse action letters and processing of decline or withdrawn files. Collaborates with appropriate team members to manage loan payoffs.
* Quality Control
Works closely with team to ensure that customers' applications are completed in accordance with SBA rules and SSB procedures. Collaborates with other Specialty Lending Team Leads and team members to maintain the quality of files. Interfaces directly with borrowers as needed to collect pending information in concert with the RM and/or other specialty lending team members.
* Client Experience Oriented
Proactively develops and identifies opportunities to create remarkable client experiences. Troubleshoots problems or issues with clients as needed. Resolves client problem situations and coordinates with other areas of the Bank to provide remarkable client service. Assists employees in resolving problems that impact work assignments and/or client satisfaction.
* Other duties as may be assigned.
* Position requires a broad level of professional experience in related field with a minimum of 7-10 years' work experience in commercial lending; knowledge of commercial lending principles. Supervision experience required.
* Ability to utilize standard PC based software to prepare correspondence, reports and other documents as needed.
* Excellent communication skills needed to effectively work with diverse groups of internal/external clients to explain products and interpret policy.
* The highest level of challenge management skills is required; situations require operational knowledge of the work and the unit, which may involve a range of possible solutions to challenges.
* Work is under minimal supervision, where the work requires independent judgment in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and the selection of alternative procedures and work routines. Alternatives may be limited or not well defined.
* Various situations require a substantial degree of analysis. Interpretation and evaluation. Situations encountered include facts, issues and circumstances, which are significantly different from those previously addressed. These situations call for the consideration of alternative courses of action and of their consequences before taking or recommending further action.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.Apply NowShare Save Job