Posted in Management 13 days ago.
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
What does the Food Nutrition Services Manager (Skilled Nursing) do?
Bring your passion for culinary and leadership into a role that truly matters. You will develop mouthwatering meals and oversee our dining services department at our beautiful skilled nursing care centers! Leverage your strong culinary leadership skills and make an impact in a different way by serving in the Food Nutrition Services Manager role in the booming senior living/post-acute space. You will be fully responsible for the dietary department of the community promoting a positive image, menu development, and the best in culinary to residents, families, and our guests. If you want your culinary skills and background to matter, this job is for you.
Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Food Nutrition Services Manager (Skilled Nursing) role and what can we offer you?
* There are many culinary leadership jobs out there - not many of them will allow you to know and interact with the folks eating your culinary creations day in and day out.
* Act as a leader at the community to provide the best in service to our amazing residents.
* The ability to coach, guide, and train fellow culinary department staff - share your passion for food to help grow team members that you collaborate with daily.
* Since you would oversee all areas of the culinary group, you will be able to oversee a budget, do the purchasing, get involved with hiring staff, and more. You can really get some terrific experience here.
In this job, every day you will...
1. Supervises culinary department staff in the daily operation and menus preparation that meets nutritional specifications as outlined by national guideline. Ensures compliance in the Plan of Care and Therapeutic diets of each resident taking into consideration resident allergies, intolerances and preferences.
2. Participates in the recruitment and selection of department staff to ensure appropriate competencies and skill sets are obtained to carry out the functions of the Food and Nutrition Services department.
3. Provides orientation training to new staff members and ongoing coaching to current staff.
4. Prepares and submits food /supply orders from approved sources per Federal, State and local guidelines. Audits supply stock to ensure the department has sufficient food supply and working equipment at all times.
5. Ensure staff follow all food safety standards for preparing, serving and storing food in accordance to Federal/State and Local guidelines
6. Inspects the food service areas and equipment ensuring they are clean and safe. Ensures the facility is meeting community fire safety, infection control and hazardous chemicals regulations and policies. Takes prompt action to address any unsafe conditions or equipment problems.
7. Greets and obtains feedback regarding the dining experience from residents, visitors, and staff. Interacts with residents courteously, respecting individual dignity and resident rights by upholding confidentiality standards at all times.
8. Ensures the Food and Nutrition Services department stays within budget. Maintains records that reflect food audits, supplies and labor costs.
Education Experience you need to qualify:
* You must be a certified dietary manager or certified food service manager. In lieu of having current certification, you must be willing to complete course work and become certified within one year. In addition, you must meet state requirement certification for the state in which services are provided. At least one year (1) supervisory experience or three years (3) working in the dietary area in a health care environment preferred.
* Experience with budgets, food supply orders, and inventory audits helpful.
* Meet qualifications as required by local or state regulations. Holds required state certification or service license.
* Must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Ways you can advance beyond the Food Nutrition Services Manager (Skilled Nursing) role:
Once you master this role, you could consider the Regional Dietary Manager, or other operations jobs with Prestige Care.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED - At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different.
Linda Vista Nursing Rehab Center:
Linda Vista is Located at 135 Maple Street in Ashland, OR 97520 . Located just off of North Main Street and three blocks from Ashland Community Hospital sits our care center. Linda Vista Nursing and Rehab Center is an open and bright nursing and rehabilitation center with a stunning view of our downtown community. Our rehabilitation center possesses a small, community-like environment that provides personal attention for each and every patient.
Home to the world-famous Oregon Shakespeare Festival and ranked in the top 10 of "The 100 Best Small Art Towns in America," Ashland is a cultural hot spot, with award-winning galleries, theaters and restaurants bursting from its seams. Nestled at the base of the Siskiyou and Cascade mountain ranges, Ashland has a reputation for great outdoor recreation in the city limits and beyond. And with the famous Mt. Ashland Ski Area nearby, fun stays in Ashland year-round.
Linda Vista is a National Quality Award Winning Facility by the American Healthcare Association National Center for Assisted Living. Our Nursing Home Administrator, Brian and our DNS, Heahter, are the backbone to the team at Linda Vista. Heather is our newest addition to our team with an extensive background in healthcare and a wealth of knowledge to share with you!
Heather and Brian are positive leaders always looking to be the best for their staff. The staff at Linda Vista differentiates them from the rest of the industry. You won't find a better team in the area. Each member of the team carries their load yet is always willing to help their teammate to no end.
Our community is stunning, immaculately kept up and a truly safe and enjoyable place to spend your working days. Celebration, fun, and encouragement of one and other is daily. Everyone is a team-player and always pitching in to help. The laughter of our team members as well as our residents flood the halls to give it a family-oriented feel.
If working in a home-like setting, with a robust team atmosphere, and with a national award-winning employer that has a great promote-from-within culture, then Linda Vista is the place for you.
Who Is Prestige Care?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end of every day.::::::