Posted in Other 16 days ago.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Coherent's High Power Optically-Pumped Semiconductor (HOPS) business unit has a temporary opening (six to nine months) for an assembler experienced with working on complex mechanical and optical components. We build single and multi-mode lasers for a variety of medical, scientific and entertainment applications using Coherent's patented Optically Pumped Semiconductor (OPS) platform. OPS is an extremely versatile technology capable of a broad range of laser wavelengths in a cost effective and compact package.
This candidate will perform functions associated with all laser assembly operations including working with engineers in setup and calibration tasks as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies. They will use sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment and will assist in developing methods or procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
Education and Work Experience:
1. Extensive experience with the alignment and assembly of optical components.
2. Comfortable with the use and handling of epoxies and solders.
3. Proficient in the handling, care of, and cleaning of optical components.
4. Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
5. Ability to use standard PC software including MSWord, MSExcel, MSOutlook, etc.
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while ensuring safety and quality results
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.