Posted in Management 5 days ago.
Employee-owned Kitchell seeks an experienced and dedicated Senior Project Manager to join our Southern California region in Los Angeles and build a long-term career at one of the most innovative and growth-oriented building companies in the United States.
A Historical Landmark in Downtown Los Angeles will go through a seismic retrofit and renovation as occupied space. Project Scope includes exterior preservation and reinforcement of multiple sub-levels.
* Act as a Project Manager with direct client facing responsibilities
* Manages multiple projects, including engineering seismic / critical repair, and retrofit projects through interaction with Architects and consultants to ensure timely completion of these projects
* Manages and supervises a team of design and construction professionals through the design review process
* Provides design and construction firms with clear and consistent direction regarding goals and objectives, standards, sites, schedules, and budgets for all sub-projects
* Strong knowledge of contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure relation and compliance to project requirements
* Conduct project meetings and provide documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information
* Ensure contractor, architect, engineer, will adhere to contractual requirements on areas of safety, performance, project staff, and equipment
* Provide management of project logistics, organization, safety, and manpower utilization
* Ensure project closeout to obtain guarantees, warranties, and related provisions for final project delivery to the owner
* Responsible for onsite quality assurance of contractor work
* Reviews design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget
* Monitors project planning and design status to report findings, recommendations, and updates
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Civil (Structural) Engineering, Construction Management/ Engineering or Architecture is required
* 12 years of progressive experience in managing building projects through planning, design, jurisdictional approvals, construction, and close-out is required
* 10 or more years managing capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities is required
* Knowledge of California Seismic requirements is required, and specifically structural foundation base isolators is strongly preferred
* Tenant Improvement experience resulting in the Issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy through the City of LA is strongly desired
* CMAR delivery method experience is required
* Certified Construction Manager (CCM) preferred
* LEED Green Associate or LEED AP is strongly preferred
* Knowledge and experience with hazardous material testing and remediation is strongly preferred
* Certificate of Registration as an Architect in the State of California (RA), or Professional Engineer license (PE) is strongly preferred
* Public agency/county/city experience is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in an office and or construction environment. Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet atmospheric conditions, and cramped quarters with occasionally loud noise level in the work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kitchell is an employee-owned company founded in 1950. We provide general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California and Texas. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to grow from within, building careers and financial stability through long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including profit sharing, discretionary stock options, incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.