Position: Community Life Service Coordinator Location: East Liberty, Pittsburgh, PA
The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is a nationally recognized nonprofit developer, owner and manager of affordable and mixed-income residential and commercial properties. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. We do this by developing, financing, and operating high quality affordable mixed-income housing, by coordinating access to support services, and by planning and implementing other community and economic initiatives critical to the communities we serve. Every employee who works for The Community Builders understands what it means to make a significant difference in the lives of others.
About Community Life
Community Life is TCB's place-based model that provides stable housing as a platform for residents and neighborhoods to achieve success. TCB communities are places of innovation that address some of the most significant challenges facing low-income populations. We engage residents in creating programs and build strategic partnerships with local stakeholders to maintain stable housing and create pathways to opportunities in six key practice areas: youth development, education, workforce development, health, asset building, and community engagement.
Reporting to the Community Manager, the Community Life Service Coordinator (SC) develops and coordinates support services for residents of East Liberty Place South. The Service coordination will ensure resident and community success through close work with property management, building and sustaining relationships with local and regional partners, planning programs and other on-site opportunities for residents, and working one-on-one with residents to assist them in achieving their goals. The SC is an integral part of the housing and property team and plays a critical role in the overall positive culture of the property for the enjoyment of its residents and the respect of its neighbors.
Housing stabilization, health and wellness, education, workforce development, financial literacy and youth development are areas of focus that will be delivered through referrals to quality, local partners, on-site programing and individual coaching. Community engagement and community building activities will be essential in order to create a sense of community and initiate a gateway to other support services.
The SC will work with each family to create a family/individual success plan that will guide the support, interventions, and referrals needed by the family/individual. The family/individual success plans ensure a resident-centered approach to delivering resident services. In addition, the SC, in collaboration with the Community Life HUB team, will track performance measures, administer the annual survey, develop a Community Success Plan, and evaluate effectiveness of the partnerships to impact outcome measures.
- Developstrategic partnerships with local service providers to bring on-site programs or provide referral to off-site program and services in the following CL outcome areas: education, youth development, health, workforce development, financial stability and asset building.
- Conduct an initial Resident Assets and Needs Assessment survey to all households and a Community Life Questionnaire annually
- Initiate strategic relationships with other local service providers and stakeholders
- Build relationships with residents to better understand their needs and aspirations and
connect them with the local resources and opportunities.
- Develop Community Success Plan, a strategic plan that is updated annually, which includes strategic, activities and partners necessary to impact CL outcomes
- Conduct new welcome orientations for new residents
- Create consistent outreach and communication with residents, including newsletters, flyers, telephone calls and door knocking
- Use of TCB's data collection system, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) to document services provided to residents and outcomes achieved
- Align initiatives with the outcomes, mission and goals of TCB Community Life
- Participation and coordination of resources around Watch List issues such as housekeeping and money management for late rent payers
- Participate in ongoing professional and property management development
- Manage administrative tasks required for securing and executing contracts or Memorandum of Agreements with providers and partners to carry out on-site programming
- Recruit and lead volunteers to assist on the site
- Attend trainings and continue education opportunities offer by the Community Life HUB team
- Attend weekly meetings with Community Manager, and site team
- Attend monthly meeting with Hub Team Operations Manager
- Keep Community Manager and Hub team appraised of issues affecting residents
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and respect values, attitudes, and beliefs that differ across cultures and to respond appropriately to these differences with residents in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services
- Capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including but, not limited to: residents, senior staff, volunteers, interns, and community partners
- Experience working with families to support their aspirations
- Ability to collect, track and understand data In order to assess programs and partnerships and inform strategies
- Operate in a timely manner, with consistency and a high level of integrity and professionalism; provide excellent customer service to residents and partners
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills
- Knowledge of federal, state and local policies affecting housing is a plus.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in social work, human services, public health, or community development
- 2+yearsofoverallprofessionalexperienceworkingwithfamiliesinhousing or human services agencies required
- Experience overseeing and managing grants
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and other computer programs
- Previous experience in property management, and knowledge of HUD regulation a plus.
- Previous engagement, communication and collaboration with residents of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds preferred
- Experience working with partners and site team members to implement programs and initiatives
- Knowledge of child development and/or experience working with youth
- Knowledge of Yardi, Property Management databases, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) is a plus.
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.