Posted in Other 6 days ago.
* Associate degree (A.S., A.A.) or two-year technical certificate;
* 3 year customer service or related experience.
* Minimum Education Qualification can be substituted with an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Preference will be given to individuals who possess:
* Evidence of a strong background in STEM education
* Familiarity with processes and procedures in a testing environment
* Experience with basic computer programs and administering assessment instruments, preferably at a postsecondary institution
* Experience serving persons of diverse backgrounds/special populations
* Evidence of attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to work without supervision
* Experience handling confidential materials and records in an office environment
* Evidence of working with multiple projects and departments within an organization
* Evidence of working with students or in a customer service environment
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; however, may be required to work other shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule subject to change based upon department needs.
Metropolitan Community College is the oldest and largest public institution of higher learning in Kansas City, Mo. MCC currently offers over 120 associate degree and certificate programs; on campus, online or a combination of both. MCC employees are committed to providing equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, creed, race or gender.
Incumbents facilitate and administer tests and exams for students.
Metropolitan Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination or harassment of any person on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, birth, ancestry, national origin, or disability. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled
* Schedules, prepares the facility for, and administers exams, including placement, make-up, high school equivalency, distance education, accommodation, and other exams; work may involve contacting instructors, responding to testing center and information requests, receiving and processing exams, and ensuring that exams are in the appropriate format and that students comply with College policies and procedures.
* Assists students with understanding testing requirements and interpreting test results, as well as testing center protocols/procedures; responds to inquiries from students, instructors, the general public, and other individuals, via phone, email, or in person; and provides referrals when necessary.
* Performs administrative and office maintenance duties, to include scheduling testing appointments; maintaining the department calendar; troubleshooting system or equipment malfunctions; directing issues to appropriate departments or agencies to ensure issue resolution; opening and closing the center maintaining and cleaning computer and testing stations; and ensuring that testing and applicable inventory is replenished.
* Documents and records tests, and information related to testing irregularities and eligibility for testing material usage; and prints, files, and/or emails exams to appropriate instructors, or other personnel.
* Reviews and maintains student and faculty records, rosters, and other documentation, to verify applicable information and ensure accurate and timely documentation.
* Coordinates with student services staff, disability support services staff, faculty, and other internal/external staff, departments, or agencies to communicate testing procedure- and service-related information, and facilitate departmental goals and operations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of test proctoring and administration procedures and practices;
* Knowledge of scheduling methods;
* Knowledge of standardized testing procedures and methods;
* Knowledge of recordkeeping principles;
* Knowledge of customer service principles;
* Knowledge of inventory control;
* Skilled in proctoring and administering a variety of testing materials;
* Skilled in administering testing;
* Skilled in using a computer and related software applications;
* Skilled in providing customer service;
* Skilled in operating modern office equipment;
* Skilled in filing and maintaining records and information;
* Skilled in monitoring and ordering inventory;
* Skilled in utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
No staffing table positions.
Positions in this class typically require: feeling, grasping, hearing, fingering, reaching, repetitive motion, standing, talking, visual acuity, and walking. The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly.
MCC is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, MCC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations in all aspects of employment, including the application process. To request an accommodation and/or a copy of the Americans with Disabilities Act applicant procedures, please contact the Office of Human Resources.