Posted in Other 5 days ago.
The Installation & Repair Technician I is the face of Rise Broadband serving as the front-line representative and a key member of our service-oriented team. Responsibilities include completing installs, disconnects, reconnects, add-ons, changes, and troubleshooting telephone and high-speed Internet services at customer locations while regularly climbing ladders and working on rooftops.
This position is eligible for sale/install-commission with a competitive commission plan.
* Works outside or inside customer's home or business to complete installations and repairs.
* Regularly climbs ladders and works on rooftops while performing installations and repairs.
* Troubleshoots by attempting to identify and remedy sources of internet, video and telephone service or customer-perceived problems.
* Prepares for daily work assignments by requisitioning equipment and supplies from warehouse, and stocking vehicle as needed.
* Maintains company truck and other equipment per service requirements and safety guidelines.
* Drives company truck between office and/or home, warehouse, and work sites in a safe and courteous manner, and in accordance with all laws and company policies.
* Communicates with Dispatch and monitors provided software throughout the day for information regarding changes to work schedule and for information about current installation.
* Interacts with customers in a professional, courteous manner including when responding to escalations and repeat customer concerns.
* Completes basic performance testing and setup of installed services, including PC, Local Area Network, and/ or functionality of Voice over Internet Protocol telephone equipment.
* Educates customers on the features and functionality of installed products.
* Promotes Rise Broadband services to generate new accounts, service upgrades or additional services by explaining the advantages of additional products and services.
* Explains waivers, agreements, and customer release forms.
* Cleans work area upon completion of job.
* Participates in team meetings as scheduled.
* Applies knowledge and skills acquired through training to relevant aspects of work activities.
* Completes paperwork accurately, and reports and records work order status updates as required through various methods or media.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance required. Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours due to customer or operational demands, as needed.
* Follows all Company standard procedures, policies and safety practices in the course of performing work activities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; post-high school education a plus
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Valid state driver's license and acceptable driving record in accordance with Company's Motor Vehicle Policy
* Excellent customer service, time management, and decision-making skills
* Working knowledge of PC and MS Office products
* Comtrain certification a plus
* Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
* Self-motivated; ability to work independently with limited supervision to complete tasks, respond to department requests, collaborate with others to utilize resources, and apply knowledge to identify quality solutions
* Ability to interact and communicate appropriate information to customers and team members in a professional manner
* Ability to effectively maintain professional appearance and demeanor in a variety of work environments
* Ability to read and interpret technical information, such as repair manuals, parts books, etc.
* Basic understanding of electronics, connectivity concepts
* Ability to work required shifts and overtime (as necessary)
* Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography
* Employee is constantly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Must possess physical conditioning and stamina to climb heights up to 500 feet and perform physically demanding tasks at such heights. Must be able to frequently climb a ladder and work in an elevated position. On a constant basis, must safely lift, carry and maneuver heavy or awkward objects 100 pounds or more, with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required include close up, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Full spectrum color vision required.
* Must be able to work safely in a field or office environment. Must be adept at working in adverse weather conditions.
* Daily travel within the Company's geographical footprint is required.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position, however, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.