Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Norfolk, VA, USA
Friday, April 30, 2021
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC II
* Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufacturer manuals.*
* Receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.*
* Provides input to Maintenance Engineering Changes (MEC), Estimated Cost of Damage preparation (ECOD) and assist in the recommendation of changes to (MWO).*
* Leads teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks and may inspect the work of Mechanic Is as well as other Mechanic IIs.*
* The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
* Essential function.
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
* High school diploma with at least 3 years of experience in repairing engines, sheet metal, structural, hydraulic, electrical, power train and general mechanical maintenance of moderate difficulty, required to meet the assigned missions.
* Thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures, and replacement of parts.
* Broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair.
* Thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
* Requires working knowledge of technical publications and basic knowledge of electrical theory.
* Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
* May require specialization in sheet-metal, electric work, avionics or other aircraft systems related disciplines.
* Secret Clearance is required.
* Valid VA drivers' license is required.
* Eligibility for (and ability to maintain) CAC and Special Access Badge.
* Local training licenses and/or certification may be required.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Make Decisions, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Interpret Data, Discriminate Colors, Concentrate on Tasks, Adjust to Changes, Handle Stress/Emotions
Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Irregular Hours, On Call Hours, Attend Meetings, Meet Deadlines, Keyboard/Type, Use, Math/Calculations, Stay Organized, Operate Equipment, and Direct Others.
Stand, Sit, Walk, Talk, Climb (Stairs/Ladders), Push or Pull, Balance, Bend, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Craw, Reach, Talk, Hear, See, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Fine Manipulation, Lifting Up to 25 Pounds, Carrying Up to 25 Pounds
Fumes/Mists, Gases/Odors, Dust/Dirt, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Humid, Extreme Temperatures, Mechanical Hazards, Electrical Hazards, Chemical Hazards, Radiant Energy Hazards, Explosives Hazards, Burn Hazards, Vibration, Sharp Objects/Tools, Heavy Machinery, Moving Parts, Noise.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Share this job: