Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Rexnord is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,000 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing, globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years ago. We make our communities better with individual and organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships and corporate donations.
Rexnord Aerospace supplies high performance spherical and cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical components to commercial air transport markets. Our products are engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and airframe structures. Our global customer base includes major engine and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.Job Description
This Engineering role reports to the Quality Assurance Department at Rexnord's aerospace plant in the Downers Grove suburb of Chicago (northwest suburbs). This aerospace plant is walking distance to the Metra Train Station.
The Supplier Quality Engineer provides support and assistance to all departments in Quality related issues in addition to assistance in improving the quality system and supporting quality programs.
This Quality Engineer role will be focused on working with our suppliers to solve immediate quality issues as well as lead supplier development activities. In this position, you can make immediate contributions in enhancing the current quality program by providing daily support in Quality related issues.
* This position requires the applicant to be a US Person with a US permanent residence. A US Person is a US Citizen or Green card holder
* Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline
* 10 or more years of Supplier Quality Assurance work experience
* Able to support at least 30% domestic travel
* An in-depth understanding of applicable quality systems; e.g. AS9100 or ISO9001
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
* 10 or more years of experience conducting root cause analysis and formal problem solving techniques
* Experience facilitating the use of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools with suppliers (including SPC, GR&R, DOE, FMEA, Control Plans, Cpk, GD&T, DMAIC, First Article Inspection)
* Demonstrated success in the ability to consistently multitask
* Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
* 10 or more years of experience in various manufacturing environments such as machining, brazing, stamping, and finishing.
* Understanding of conventional measurement methods applicable to the inspection of purchased components and secondary processes.
* Capable of interpreting engineering part drawings including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
* Experience working in a lean manufacturing or continuous improvement environment is desirable
* Demonstrated career advancement with increasing accountability
Total Rewards and Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran