Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 6 days ago.
Marigold Catering, one of Cleveland' premier caterers, is seeking a part-time Event Bartender to join our team!
The Event Bartender is responsible for operations of all bars at event venues. This candidate will interact with all bar guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere. Along with team members, will provide superior patron experience in accordance to the Marigold culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
• Provide patrons with products and services
• Set up and break down portable bars at each venue location
• Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages request for all guest of all ages according to proper Marigold procedures
• Follow sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of bar areas
• Monitors guest behavior and guest alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease
• Notifies management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers
• Checks identification whenever the age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable
• Ensure compliance with operational standards of the Company policies, federal, state, and local laws and ordinances
• Acts as a bar-back replenishes and restocks bar product during event as needed
• Verifies liquor inventory; correctly completes all requisition requirements and stores stock as instructed
• Stock and maintain product levels at the various bars throughout event
• Work with team members to provide superior patron experience
• Performs pre and post-shift side work including stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
• Operate within the guidelines of the company and event locations
• Responsible for accurate accounting of product and inventory
• Maintain clean and safe work environment for patrons and team members
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• One (1+) years of related experience and/or training
• Must be 21 years or older as required by law
• Extensive knowledge of alcohol, wine and beer
• Passion for events
• Positive attitude and excellent problem-solving capabilities
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to speak, read, hear and communicate in English clearly
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and carry and lift up to 50 pounds
• Must have reliable transportation
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and to write simple correspondence
• Ability to complete simple math
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and twist, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift, move, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds. The employee must frequently use computer and other special operating equipment. Continual manual dexterity, and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level varies event to event.
** Email resumes directly to Lillian Plumley at email@example.com **