Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co provides legal services and advice to the Firm globally. Legal is responsible for, among other things:
• managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
• advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
• advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
• managing dispute resolution
• interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
• advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
• providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions.
The firm is seeking talented candidates for a position in the Legal Department as a Senior Counsel and AVP in the Consumer Card group. This role will provide legal counsel to the business teams responsible for successfully managing a world class portfolio of consumer credit card products. It will report to an Executive Director within Card.
• Assist the business and the Office of Legal Obligations mapping legal obligations associated with business activity and impact from Regulations including Regulation Z, FCRA, Regulation P, ADA, SCRA, and state POA.
• Reviewing customer communication and advisor scripting on an ongoing basis.
• Legal point for Credit Card regulatory change management, assisting Controls to evaluate potential impact of new state and federal laws.
• Work with the Executive Office on escalated matters involving Credit Card customers.
• Advise on product and service launches in Credit Card as part of an "Agile" approach.
• Collaborate frequently with other lines of business legal teams to evaluate proposed initiatives, and potential alternative solutions.
Candidates should possess, at a minimum:
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans