Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
Corporate & Investment Bank - Market Risk Coverage - Analyst - New York
Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Market Risk Management is an independent risk group, reporting to the firm's Chief Risk Officer (CRO), which identifies, measures, monitors and controls the financial risks related to movements in market prices. The organization serves as the key interface for discussing risk issues on a respective trading portfolio with the trading desks.
CIB Market Risk performs the following primary functions:
• Quantification of the risk of a potential loss of value in assets and liabilities due to changes in market variables, e.g. interest rates, equity and commodity prices.
• Ongoing monitoring and control of a business unit's exposure to market risk through risk limits.
• Performance of stress testing and qualitative risk assessments of a business unit's trading portfolio.
• Facilitation of efficient risk-return decisions.
• Regular dialogue with the trading businesses with respect to risk appetite, risk limits and individual large and complex transactions.
As a vital member of the Market Risk Organization, responsibilities & opportunities will include:
• You will be working in a cutting edge Risk Organization, utilizing a wide variety of trading analysis tools to monitor risk exposures and understand the factors that drive the profits and loss affecting the trading portfolio.
• You will be following the global financial markets, focusing on price movements and events affecting the trading portfolio, with the goal of highlighting top risks with the trading business and the Market Risk management team.
• You will develop a deep understanding of the wide-ranging suite of financial products traded by JP Morgan and the key risks associated with them.
• You will be challenged to be innovative in looking for threats and weaknesses in the risk profile and expected to be pro-active in bringing these to the attention of the trading business and the Market Risk management team.
• You will perform scenario analysis and stress testing, Conduct ad-hoc and regular risk analysis as well deep dives into various risk themes, and communicate findings
• Strong academic background with a minimum Bachelor's Degree. JPMorgan recruits from all academic disciplines.
• Team player and future leader with exceptional drive, creativity and interpersonal skills.
• Lateral thinker, tenacious, commitment to getting things done and detail focused.
• Ability to form constructive professional relationships with a wide variety of teams in the firm.
• Strong interest in an intellectually stimulating career within the Finance Industry.
• Fluency in English is a prerequisite along with excellent written and spoken communication skills.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans