Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
J.P. Morgan Wealth Management
Alternative Investments Group - - Senior Alternative Investments Specialist. Vice President, New York
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Wealth Management is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to high net worth individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the commercial and investment banking capabilities of the firm.
About the Alternative Investments Group
The Alternative Investments Group (AIG) is responsible for the selection and monitoring of alternative asset managers for Global Wealth Management clients. This will include communications with asset managers, internal investment specialists, and clients considering the use of an alternative asset manager within an investment program. Managers include multiple asset classes across hedge funds, private equity funds, private credit funds, and real estate funds. With over $100 billion of client capital invested across alternatives, the team brings a unique perspective to sourcing and offering alternative investment opportunities. AIG consists of a collaborative cross functional team of professionals including Investment Specialists, Investor Relations, Due Diligence, Structuring and other functional support colleagues located in New York, Los Angeles, Nashville, London, Geneva, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Mumbai
Responsibilities will include:
• Analyzing client multi-asset class investment portfolios and providing alternative investment product and implementation advice in conjunction with Advisors.
• Articulating the manager selection process and how the alternative platform offering fits the Global Wealth Management strategy within a market context
• Actively participating in Alternative Investment Group meetings, demonstrating leadership.
• Focusing on teamwork, with particular emphasis on fostering and mentoring junior talent within the group.
• Traveling, sometimes accompanied by Fund managers, to regional offices and events.
Key attributes will include:
• Specific knowledge of, and hands-on product experience in, alternative investments, including hedge funds, private equity, private credit and real estate
• Proven experience in investment management sales; experience within a capital markets environment preferred.
• The ability to convey knowledge and credibility in front of managers, clients and investors.
• 6+ years of experience in investment sales, alternative investment due diligence, alternative product investor relations, alternatives product specialist functions, etc. Experience in both private investments and hedge funds preferred.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans