Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This position is for hands on ED level KDB KDB+/Q developer to join our Data & Analytics team in NY. The role requires strong KDB/Q skills and experience developing on the Linux platform. The successful candidate will be lead developer on a number of key cash/algo business data initiatives, He or She will work with local product/desk and QR teams, leading new strategic projects in the KDB space and supporting existing large trade and tick applications for the NY region. The candidate will ensure consistent functional and technical design; will deliver clear, concise technical design documentation and code; will be involved in the full project life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and production rollout of all key initiatives in this space. The successful candidate will work with the global KDB dev team coordinating efforts on various aspects of project development and will also get involved in investigation of production issues when needed in NY and start of APAC day.
As a Senior Application Development lead, you will demonstrate very strong programming skills in KDB+/Q, with 10+ years of experience in a similar role in any business line (fixed income, equities or any type of derivatives) and developed significant technical and business expertise. You have been exposed to some of the following: real-time market data, pre-trade analytics, post-trade analytics, order management, algorithmic trading, enterprise data warehouse, FIX protocol, web services. Any cloud experience in AWS is a plus.
- 10+ years of KDB+/Q experience, with relevant experience in financial services
- Proficient in Unix/Linux and OS level tools
- Knowledge of electronic trading across equities and F&O
- Experience working with time-series databases, including development of scalable real-time data processing systems
- Experience with market data platforms
- Experience with TCA analysis
- Agile development experience
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Comfortable partnering with business stakeholders and have the ability to quickly understand requirementsJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans