Posted in General Business 6 days ago.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves nearly 60 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. The acquisition of cxLoyalty has brought to CCB a company with a robust technology platform, a full-fledged travel agency and an established gift card and points bank rewards program. cxLoyalty is one of the largest loyalty engagement companies where it provides tools, content, and leadership to help its diverse clients grow their programs. Due to the scale of cxLoyalty's operations, while it operates as the brand behind the brand, it is one of the largest companies in each of the travel, gift card, and merchandise spaces.
Control Management (CM) maintains a strong and consistent control environment across the firm. With Control Managers appointed for each line of business, function and region, there is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model with key business executives that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk. Control Management focuses on four areas:
1) Control design and expertise
2) Risks and controls identification/assessment
3) Control breaks and resolution
4) Control governance & reporting
The Control Manager- cxLoyalty will support the control mission in maintaining a strong and consistent control environment by providing comprehensive coverage of the control environment that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk. The role provides an excellent opportunity to be exposed to and influence senior management, develop business expertise, and hone problem solving, communications, and leadership skills.
• Drive a strategic mindset to build control programs and horizontal priorities for proactive risk management
• Lead the end-to-end execution and provide leadership support of risk assessments, including control breaks and resolutions.
• Establish processes and routines that set the organization up for success, help team focus on priorities, align resources and prepare for deliverables.
• Provide thought leadership in helping drive horizontal control priorities focused on risk mitigation, control transformation and better integration
• Advise and influence senior leaders / business executives on key decisions and major risk and control initiatives
• Ability to understand business drivers and provide both strategic and tactical input for key business decisions, and ensure controls for new business initiatives as required
• Engage and effectively collaborate with control colleagues across the firm, business, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators and technology functions
• Develop effective presentations and materials suitable for senior executives that help drive meaningful decisions.
• Continuously seek to identify and share recommendations to improve practices and processes within the organization
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• 7+ years of financial service experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred
• Proficient knowledge of control and risk management concepts as well as control execution activities
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
• Self-motivated and confident with the ability to demonstrate ownership and drive change through innovation
• Highly collaborative with strong client/partner relationships and communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Project management Skills - well-organized, structured approach
• Able to work effectively under pressure and in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
• Strategic thinker who can partner with diverse teams to drive efficiency and process enhancements
• Proven analytical thinker with ability to identify, analyze and solve problems in a thoughtful manner, with diplomacy and professionalism
• Focused attention to detail, analytical & inquisitive with high standards for quality and accuracy
• Experience performing deep dive reviews to identify process, risk and control gaps
• A profound understanding of controls and how to apply them to different processes and businessesChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans