Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Salary: 80000 - 95000
Description: Quality Control Manager
Growing food industry company based in Las Vegas, NV with facilities in UT and CA is actively looking for a Quality Control Manager to lead the quality department.
Must be experienced with setting up processes and procedures, and all aspects of quality and food safety. Cheese experience is ideal. Dairy or other food considered.
- Position based out of Las Vegas.
- SQF practitioner and HACCP certified
- Food Safety program development experience.
- Supplier and customer document management. Trace-Gains or similar experience a plus.
- Proficient at utilization of QA/QC documentation management.
- Business system utilization in traceability conversion from paper records.
- Export and Import documentation experience a plus.
- FSMA compliance and required documentation experience.
- Audit experience with USDA, FDA, state, and customers.
- Management of label requirements to lead review for accuracy and insure labels meet regulatory and customer requirements.
- Environmental sampling program experience.
- Sanitation program management and validation experience.
- Customer interaction and problem-solving experience preferred.
- Proactive, self-starter, motivated, ability to work independently to complete requirements within timelines, able to work in fast paced environment, strategic thinker, planning skills, and a leader that can manage direct reports and influence peers and rest of staff.
- Some travel for supplier audits and SLC and LA location support. Customer visits as well for complaint investigation and resolution.
- Excellent verbal, written, and email correspondence required.
- English / Spanish fluent preferred.