Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Location: Irving, TX
Description: Our client is currently seeking a IT Service Desk Technician
The IT Service Desk Technician reports to the IT Operation Manager and is responsible to handle all First Tier calls generated from clients of our solution platform. Tasks performed by this position are expected to be executed as per direction from the Supervisor and/or IT Operation Manager. The ideal candidate possesses good customer service skills and client rapport building, in addition to problem solving and resolution management.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
• Required to handle at least twenty (20) calls per day to include making call backs to follow up on open issues/tickets.
• Analyze and provide solutions to issues presented by customers in a professional manner.
• Collaborate with team members to share knowledge of issues and corresponding resolutions or workarounds.
• Required to understand Company applications to provide answers and participate in regular training to be efficient in company products and services.
• Abide by company policies and procedures, especially in relations to Service Desk Operations and their assigned SOPs.
• Follow escalation and de-escalation procedures as outlined within company SOPs.
• Proactively review, recommend and update current Service Desk SOPs in order to maintain them updated with current technology and changes of internal procedures.
• Handle all Windows based issues to include but not limited to installing/upgrading/troubleshooting various OS issues, virus and network related incidents.
• Required to provide extended hour support on a rotation basis as instructed by the ITS Operation Manager.
• Perform basic diagnostic testing of all PC equipment and laptops.
• Perform PC repairs to best of knowledge.
• Communicate with vendors per case incidents.
Professional Experience and Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience, required.
• Two (2) to Three (3) years of technical support, pharmacy software and phone support experience.
• One (1) or more years of experience supporting proprietary software with a database in the backend, preferred.
• Industry certifications such as A+, MCSE, ITIL, ISO 9001 and HDI, preferred.
• Fully bilingual: Spanish and English.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Great presentation skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational ability.
• Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines. • Adaptability to changing structures and situations.