Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
Join boundless thinkers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with powerful brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, Nutra Blend, WinField United, Vermont Creamery, KozyShack, and more.
You'll join a global team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the nutrition that animals need, to marketing the final product.
Agronomy Research Plot Technician- Summer 2021
The WinField Answer Plot® Program hosts more than 200 agronomic research plots across the country. Plots provide area farmers to see firsthand how seed and crop protection products perform in local fields, allowing them to make decisions for their own operations with confidence. Learn more about how Answer Plots help at www.answerplot.com.
POSITION DURATION: March - September (flexible start and end dates)
POSITION TERRITORY: Western Nebraska & North-Eastern Colorado (Financial Assistance for relocation is provided for those who do not live in this area)
SUGGESTED PAY RATE:
$14.00 - $18.00 per hour plus overtime eligibility. Wages are determined by Agricultural experience and by obtaining required pesticide applicators licenses prior to start date. $1.00 increase is available if applicant has Class A CDL license prior to start date, but CDL is NOT mandatory for the job.
• Assist the Answer Plot Crews with managing regional plots, including farm equipment preparation & operations such as planting, spraying, & side-dressing.
• Responsible for maintaining weed-free plots by cleaning up weed escapes by hand spraying (backpack sprayer) & hand weeding
• Responsible for timely execution of all assigned Yield Trial & Demo Protocol tasks such as foliar spraying (via CO2 operated backpack sprayer), tissue samples, soil samples, stand counts, root ratings, and other metadata collection as necessary
• Responsible for accurate mixing and application of fertilizer and/or chemicals per blend sheet specifications.
• Extensive travel and overnight stays are expected during the duration of the position. Company vehicle, transportation costs, and travel related costs (meals & hotels) are provided and paid for while following company's policies
• Keep current on agronomic products, trends, and precision agriculture technologies.
• Participate in Answer Plot tours to learn about new agronomic trends & precision ag technologies
• In accordance with maintenance schedules, policies, and procedures, assist with equipment maintenance and repairs on vehicles, sprayers, trucks, etc.
• Work safely following safety rules, regulations, and personal protective equipment requirements.
POSITION COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to reside near Kearney, NE area or within the Answer Plot Crew territory (Western Nebraska & North-Eastern Colorado) pending hiring manager approval.
• Ability to obtain a Nebraska commercial pesticide applicator's license with General Standards (00), Ag. Pest Control (01) and Demonstration/Research (DR) categories prior to first day. Company paid
• Ability to obtain a Colorado Private Pesticide Applicator's License prior to first day. Company paid
• Pursuing an associate's or bachelor's degree, preferably in an agricultural related major or program but not required.
• General knowledge of corn, soybean, and general crop growth and development. Satisfactory level of technical knowledge in agronomy, ag technology, and crop sciences preferred.
• Basic math skills, attentive to detail, and able to work without direct supervision.
• Frequently move, lift and carry boxes, tubs, and tools weighing 50-60 lbs., access and utilize farm equipment, and move or traverse on uneven ground.
• Ability to work extended hours during peak busy seasons and stay overnight
• Possess a valid, unrestricted driver's license and have and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
• Ability to accomplish tasks independently
• Excellent communication, writing and critical thinking skills.
• Able to explicitly follow directions and proven record of following-through on projects and work duties.
• Manage time and effectively prioritize work tasks.
• Give and receive feedback, work collaboratively, exhibit effective social and interpersonal communication skills.
• Resourceful and innovative in finding solutions to problems.
• Flexible and adapt to changing business surroundings.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.